Slate Run Tournament

MKern

MKern

I know it is a long way away, but I was wondering if anyone has ever competed in the anual "One Fly Tournament" on Slate Run?
I was wondering how many guys sign up and what the whole event is about: how they score your fish, what are the prizes, etc.
I thought about entering in a team last year, but the $400/person entry fee is way to steap if I know nothing about it.

Do you mean the "On the Fly" Tournament on Spruce Creek in Centre County? Here is a link for some information and rules. http://www.ccysb.com/onthefly/ Hope this helps.

MC

Fly-fishing is NOT a competition, why do people insist or think that it should be?
As far as I know there has never been a 1 Fly Contest on Slate Run, It's on Spruce Creek.

I agree with you Stone_Fly, but I think the one on Spruce Cr. is more of a fundraiser for a charity then a tournament.
Jason

Fly-fishing is NOT a competition, why do people insist or think that it should be?

C'mon stonefly...Everything is a competition. Its why you post some of the confrontational and silly things you do some of the time. Having to be right all the time IS competition. You NEVER count how many fish you catch in a day? That's a competition. With yourself, yes, but competitive never the less. We all do it.

As long as no one is breaking the regs or harming the stream, anything that might bring attention to a water where someone might say,"hey this is nice place, maybe we should make sure it stays that way." is fine with me. If it raises money for a good cause, its even better.

Back