Shermans Creek

Elijahk

Elijahk

I am wondering if any of you guys have ff shermans creek? If so how did you do with what flys and such? I primarily spin fish this creek and have caught several trout down close to shermans dale in the fall. I wonder if there are wild trout in here? But anyway any info on ff this creek would be helpful
Thank you

I'm sure the trout you caught moved down from the upper sections where it's stocked.

Never fished it, I think it is listed as having wild trout.

I know years ago some guys bought trout and put in around Gibson Rock area. I fish it quite a bit with flies and have done well. Hit some good stonefly hatches in early part of season. Also some Blue-winged olive hatches. There are quite a few flies that hatch on the stream and can be good at the right time.

I'm not a regular there, but usually hit it once or twice during the summer for smallies - good numbers fishery.

I fish it a few times a year in the Blain/New Germantown area. Caught some nice bows over the years on it. Some of the tribs I've caught some that I thought were stream bred but not sure. Water rises, falls and clears rather quickly. Flies are the whatever is in the air deal. Attractor dries and anything wooly for sub surface works well.

Back