Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Score two for C&R

From Butler, Pa
Pic #2 looks amazing I can't tell if your over water or not?

Posted on: 2013/9/14 20:21

Re: Score two for C&R

From Lancaster County
Chaz - the spot pattern is the same on the brown, on the gill. The three fainter black spots on the gill that show on the second picture are there on the first, but the angle on the first picture obscures them a bit. I compared the picture with another closeup from last year and the fainter spots are more pronounced on the closeup. Camera flash does weird things to photos.

SM - the photo was taken about a foot off the water. It was a bright blue sky day, so lots of light, but the pool was shaded. I think the water in the background gives a neat effect, although I wish I wouldn't have shaded the tail.

Pcray - I agree that it MAY happen more often than not, that when fishing a smaller stream, we pick up the same fish. Like you, have a bunch of pictures that I could comb through and match up some I'm sure. But these two were easy, 100% confidence interval matches. The tiger was easy to compare, since my sample size is four and it's easy to remember which photos to compare. The browns are a bit more difficult, although I don't catch too many 14"+ wild browns and this one was ten feet from where I caught it last year. However, I would say that even on a small stream with a high fish density, there are holes where I catch one and spook six. Chances are I do pick up a different fish in that hole each year. And correlation can be tough when fish move. The tiger did move, which I am surprised. It was caught almost a quarter mile downstream from where it was initially caught. There must have been at least one high water event between June and September, which was seemingly confirmed by one hole in the stream that was sans tree, after having a big old tree lying right through the middle of it the last few years. If that was a brook trout, I'm pretty sure I would not have made the connection, given the distance between the two catch points.

Posted on: 2013/9/14 22:08

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com