Sat Afternoon Tiger

JF_

JF_

Finally got out for the first time this year. Hit up an ATW in Schuylkill County, Locust Creek. Only caught one, a tiger trout on a wooly bugger, but had two others on and lost them. It was fun, bring on the spring.

Here's a couple pics of the stream and the trout.

John

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 2
That is a real pretty fish. Nice job.

nice pics! looks like summer there compared to here! folks are still ice fishing and creeks still frozen. I gotta move!!

nice pictures-

Great pictures!!

Nice fish. Picking up one in an ATW is a success in my book! Usually they are "harvested out" within short order...

i second that notion biker lol the burgh must have been short for the "iceburgh"

JF, awesome man. This post brought back some memories.

My dad/grandfather fished that stream A LOT. My dad would get dropped off up at the state park, and fish the stream down for miles and then get picked up. Unfortunately, my dad (and grandfather) have noted the absence of wild fish (just a trickle in July).

Where about the county do you live? St. Clair, for me when I can travel.

Did pretty well there this summer, above the lake. Nothin great, but got a few.

Streamer,
I live right over the mountain, in Tuscarora. I spent lots of time on that stream, since well before i could even drive.
John

That's an awesome picture.

beautiful fish.. catching 1 and losing two at locust creek this time of year is pretty impressive.. typically, I dont catch much there after early summer

Nice fish - wish I had a steam like that near me!

Thats a beautiful fish... I have yet to have a tiger under my belt! Seems the skook county streams faired pretty well for winter fishing, even mine have been showing me some trout love this winter :D

Back