Salmo x Salvelinus trutta x fontinalis

salmonoid

salmonoid

It's not much to look at, at least size wise, but I managed my first wild tiger trout Sunday afternoon. I fish enough mixed brown/brookie water that I always knew the potential existed to land one, but would not have been surprised to fish my whole life and not land one. This one is from a Central PA stream, that transitions from freestone to limestone..

Attachments

• 20130505_133345.jpg
    20130505_133345.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 5
Congrats!!!!!!

Welcome to the club.

Very pretty pattern. Congratulations.

Very nice Salmonoid!

Congratulations on your first Wild Tiger Trout. That is a beautiful example of a Wild Tiger. I think I know where you caught it and will PM you.

Congrats! It's like hitting the Power Ball of wild trout. A rare day for a very few.

Congrats Salmonoid. Size doesn't matter for wild Tigers...you either have caught one or you haven't.

Other than continuing to explore more streams, catching a wild Tiger is near the top of my FFing goal list right now. Looks like I need to spend more time on Brown/Brook mix streams!

very nice! still chasing my first.

Congrats!

In over thirty years fishing small streams I have yet to see one.

Still waiting on mine also. Congrats!

Congrats, do they taste more like brookies or browns, lol.

Quite the catch.

Congrats. Still looking for my first as well!

Very nice! Those kinds of milestones will be great memories forever for you. I haven't been fortunate to ever see one in my many years of flyfishing. But, you never know what that next hole will produce or what lies around the next bend. That's what makes it so cool. Congrats, on your wild tiger!

No questioning that one. Another feather for the cap.

Congratulations, that is one prize that has eluded me thus far.

Congrats, that is a beautiful fish. Chasing the wild tiger trout is sort of like chasing a unicorn. I expect I’ll never catch one, but secretly I hope for one every time out.

Back