SW/SC PA fishing vacation

E

ender

i'm going to take a week off and do a week straight of serious fishing. i'm looking for a murderers row of fun streams. my brother and i can go to. we're already going to fish fayette county for two days and a day on the loyalhanna (and nearby).

what else should i fish? and not just fly fishing- if you can throw out a lake that we can bass fish that would keep my brother fishing with me- my usual fishing partner, my other brother (darryl, lol i crack myself up). - just moved his family out of state, so a bribe of bass fishing is in order :pint:

ender,
You could fish the lower Yough for smallmouth bass or head eastward and hit Shawnee Lake which is in (I think) Bedford Co.
Your best bet would be to drive to Huntington Co. There is a ton of trout fishing there and you have Raystown Lake where your brother can bass fish or target stripers, walleyes, muskies etc. The nearby Juniata River also has good bass fishing. Check the maps on this site or www.fish.state.pa.us for info about local trout fishing. Good luck

If you must fish theh Loyalhanna Keystone lake (the state park) has both trout and bass. Especially bass. Otherwise If you do the Yough you could fish High Point Lake or Somerset lake.

When is the trip planned?

Do not forget that the Youghiogheny Reservoir is an excellent cool to warm-water impoundment. There is also Laurel Hill Lake, Mill Creek Lake and another bunch of streams that hold bass and trout. I'm not trying to sell the Confluence area for any reason, just rounding out your options.

i'm originally from uniontown so the yough and all streams in fayette and surrounding are definitely on my radar.

we might hoof it to bedord for a day- our pap has a hunting cabin out there that we fished at as kids but i can't remember the lake???

Back