Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

SEPA Guys, Who Can Guess This?

From Norristown, PA
So basically one of my friends friends i met a few weeks ago is a fisherman. So we got to talking at this one party and he brought up that where his mom lives theres this stream that has all wild fish in it. Some that are massive. He said this is SEPAs best kept secret. I told him that hes full of baloney because his mom lives 30minutes from him. And he lives in Limerick Pa.

Going through my head theres just no stream that can support fish like this anywhere thats 30 minutes from Limerick(about 30 minutes from Center of Philadelphia). The areas are all just too urban, low and hot. Now i know theres Valley creek which would be about 30 minutes from Limerick PA, and im sure theres a few fish that are this size, but thats not where his mom lives, and the picture he sent me just doesnt seem like its valley.

Can anyone identify the stream in the pic or even believe theres such a peice of water around here that can support multiple fish like this? A stream name would be nice, or even just a city or area, im just seeing if anyone can identify or agree to his claim before i start calling him out on it because hes not telling.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/1 21:32

Re: SEPA Guys, Who Can Guess This?

From Chadds Ford, PA
This should be interesting. Get ready Mute!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 21:43

From NW PA
I lived in Phoenixville / Valley Forge area and fished every stream, trib, river in the area. I don't recall anything like this on Valley Creek - Valley runs through some pretty posh real estate before it goes through VF Park. French Creek - doubtful, but possible. There are some pretty sweet spots along French Creek if you look for them and / or trespass. I will venture a guess and say it a very well done photo shop. Pretty small rig to be landing a hog like that, and unless the dude is professional arm wrestler his hands/arms don't match with his "slighter" over all body type.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 22:36

From Dauphin
yea that looks very photoshopped haha

Posted on: 2013/5/1 22:47

From Dauphin PA
Call him out. I'll go along to support you and stick a few hawgs.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 1:45

From SE Pa
His arms are out stretched to the camera, so the angle & lens perspective makes fish looks larger than it really WAS ... not is ... because he killed it. But it's still WAS a nice fish.

If it were me, I'd tell him that a photo of the fish on the creek bank next to his rod (before he released it) would have given a more accurate measure of the fish - and that thanks to him it's dead and so now there once-were fish like that in the creek to breed.

Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 8:21

The fish still has the fly in its mouth, and is still dripping water. Either he caught it where he's standing, or it's a photo-shopped pic. Find that camper/building and you've either found your stream or proof that there isn't one.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 8:39

From Norristown, PA
I can tell you that its not photoshpped. Hes not that type of guy. And he also didint kill the fish. To me, the fish does look wild, and i i know about long arming, either way, its a big brown. All i really cared about is the fact theres a stream within half an hour here with fish like that in it.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 8:41

From pottstown, pa
That is the second pic that I've seen with the building and camper in the same picture, two different people with two different browns.
Unless someone has a lot of time on their hands this place does exist.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 11:35

From NC PA Mountains
Take a good look at the lighting on the fisherman & the tree. Not the same. Fisherman photo was taken with a flash, the tree & stone wall not. Also, look at the right hand bottom corner of his vest...you can see where it was cut from another photo.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:09

From Norristown, PA
The flash makes no different, the flash can easily not be targetted onto the tree and wall, the focus of the subject was the fish, and thats why its lit up. Im not seeing your point of the vest, im seeing nothign unusual.

Not to mention, the pictures exif data was taken from an iphone. Which would match up with what he has...

ICC -header
Profile CMM TypelcmsProfile Version2.1.0Profile ClassDisplay Device ProfileColor Space DataRGB Profile Connection SpaceXYZ Profile Date Time2012:01:25 03:41:57Profile File SignatureacspPrimary PlatformApple Computer Inc.CMM FlagsNot Embedded, Independent

Like i said, doubt its a photoshop.

Polk, thats interesting, since it says your in Pottstown and he lives in limerick.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:19

From pottstown, pa
If you go to "Pa's wild trout" on facebook, and scroll down through the pics on recent posts by others you will see the picture I am talking about. I believe it is dated around Apr. 25.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:27

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

mute wrote:
The flash makes no different, the flash can easily not be targetted onto the tree and wall, the focus of the subject was the fish, and thats why its lit up. Im not seeing your point of the vest, im seeing nothign unusual.

Not to mention, the pictures exif data was taken from an iphone. Which would match up with what he has...

ICC -header
Profile CMM TypelcmsProfile Version2.1.0Profile ClassDisplay Device ProfileColor Space DataRGB Profile Connection SpaceXYZ Profile Date Time2012:01:25 03:41:57Profile File SignatureacspPrimary PlatformApple Computer Inc.CMM FlagsNot Embedded, Independent

Like i said, doubt its a photoshop.

Polk, thats interesting, since it says your in Pottstown and he lives in limerick.

Sorry but you will get some spill off of light around the subject. Download the photo & enlarge it. It's a perfect smooth cut on the corner of his vest.

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:33

From Norristown, PA
THanks Polk, definately the same place. THanks for the help, you came through!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:49

From pottstown, pa
@ mute-PM incoming

Posted on: 2013/5/2 12:58

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com