Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Request for stream shots from cats with cameras

I think some of the best photos are scenery shots. And you guys visit some pretty amazing spots. Don't give away your secret spots, but, show us some sweet shots. To each his own obviously. To be quite frank, how many 12 inch brown trout photos can a forum database hold? I think we might soon find out, haha.

Dkile and Jake, great photos, and that guy with the dog has some good stuff too.

Posted on: 2009/6/13 21:59

Re: Request for stream shots from cats with cameras

Dkile and Jake, great photos, and that guy with the dog has some good stuff too." second that

methinks Jake is a pro or has taken lessons.lol

Posted on: 2009/6/13 22:15

From York County
Yeah, but wait till you see some of my waterfall shots from Sullivan Co.

I just gotta get my internet back. Some of my pics aren't thought out or planned, occassionally though I might see something special and stop for a moment to think I can make an interesting shot.

I like to get long exposures of moving water which softens the look of the water, although you need either a tripod or a flat surface such as a rock or stump to hold the camera steady or the entire picture will be blurred at shutter speeds of over 1 second or so.

I got a pic of my buddy holding a nice fat 18+ inch rainbow he caught on P.O.S. 20+ plus year old zebco/Johnson combo wearing a T-shirt with a moose on it and a Summit racing hat cocked just slightly to the side. I lost a big one in the same area, we had a nice hike in, the Loyalsock up there has quite a few miles of stream near the headwaters with no roads parallel to the stream.

I got dozens of close ups of this doe I followed through the woods up there, let me get within 30 feet and it would freeze up and stere at me and bound away to let me inch closer again.

My only regrets are that I didn't get that perfect shot of the bear crossing the creek in the boulder strewn, fast stretch of water upstream of the campground. The image is burned in my memory though. I've seen several black bears before, but never with in such a picturesque setting, in the late afternoon with the sun just barely shining over the mountains, glistening off the water and the stark contrast of the jet black coat of the bear as he negotiated the fast rapids as if they were no difficulty whatsoever.

Posted on: 2009/6/13 22:57

From lancaster county

Posted on: 2009/6/13 23:06

Haha, forgot to mention you had great stuff too Sal, guess you had to shut me up with your Marty Stouffer Wild America portfolio, haha.

First waterfall pic in the series is pretty sweet, that pool looks 10' deep. I like your freestone work, the Stoney upstream shots. And that one that is a small stream cutting down a cliff of huge boulders. Not sure if that's considered bedrock or not in lancasterwildtroutstreams.jpg. Eh, the other lancaster shots are nice, but one has a road and the other a walking bridge, so that kinda took the wind outta my sails a bit, haha. Nice shots!

Posted on: 2009/6/13 23:39

From lancaster county
Well its Lancaster County so theres a lot of stuff around.

Thanks for the kind words. I like my pics too.

Quote:
Marty Stouffer Wild America portfolio

Lmfao!

That pool in the first pick was far deeper than 10 feet. Id put it at 20 at least. Wonderful area!

I liked the Dark Looking Waters of Stoney Creek that day too.

Stoney Creek

Stoney Creek2

Posted on: 2009/6/13 23:52

20 feet!?!?, you pull anything outta there, and if so in what part of the column? That'd be quite an experience to see trout coming up to chase emergers in that clear water.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 0:09

From lancaster county
At the far right of the first picture about 10 feet down were about 12 brookies. All in the swirling under water currents facing away from us right up against the ledge. I caught 3 of them.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 0:31

Cool.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 0:33

Webmaster
There are a lot of really great shots being taken by many people on the streams. I hope to have the details announced by the end of next week for the Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Photo Contest. So please keep taking those snapshots!!

Posted on: 2009/6/14 6:41

I can one thing for sure about Lancaster County,Sal.It's lush.It was 20 years from the time I moved west until I got back East.I had forgotten how lush and verdant the east was so when I got off the plane in Philly and took the interstate[95] to Wilmington I was sorta disappointed I couldn't see the scenery because of all the trees.lol
Out in Montana the prevailing tone was brown so the green and size of trees was a bit of a shock even though I had grown up in Delaware.Took a trip over to the Amish tourist town-loved those tulip poplars[sp.. didn't love them so much when I was a tree surgeon.Got some fudge and went back again to get more-the best ever.lol Lancaster County is very pretty.
Great pictures.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 7:48

From Enola, Pa.
Sal

Wonderful job, I never get tired of seeing pic's like that. Always reminds me of what a beautiful State we live in.

Dave, would be a great idea to have a photo contest!

PaulG

Posted on: 2009/6/14 8:53

From Norristown, PA

Posted on: 2009/6/14 11:43

From Suburban Pittsburgh
A few stream shots.

You guys take some great photos! Looking forward to seeing more.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 12:34

From Central, PA
The cicada pic made me wish we could rewind the clock.

Posted on: 2009/6/14 13:17

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com