Rain

Snow- YUK! :-o

lots of snow !!!!

We actually got some significant snow here in Adams County believe it or not (I can't in my lifetime remember accumulating snow this late in springtime). It only rained here in Gettysburg but when I drove over Big Flat, this is the highest elevation in the county, this morning there was about 3" on the ground. Amazing.

Down here in Huntingdon county we really didn't get any accumulation of snow at all and when it was snowing it was melting on the ground down here in Petersburg.

I am heading to the Letort for the first time! While I am not expecting to tear it up I am still incredibly excited. With the rain and snow this week, will it affect anything on the stream. What should I be prepared for?

Hammerhead81 wrote:
I am heading to the Letort for the first time! With the rain and snow this week, will it affect anything on the stream.

Probably not. Water temps, particularly the lower stream north of town, may be a bit cooler but I doubt it will make much difference. Letort, like the other classic Cumberland Valley limestoners, isn't effected a great deal by weather changes.

Thanks. I'm damn excited. I've read so much about the history of this stream and I can't wait to wet a line on it.

Back