Quick report and vacation plans

W

Wmass

Leaving tomorrow morning to fish the Battenkill and some mountain streams in VT. Hopefully the weather and things will be good. My father lives up there and has been exploring for some primo brookie streams and says he has found the best stream ever.

Fished Valley Creek today. Water was lower than I expected, since we have had rain recently, but the water was still very cool. The fish were active when I first got there and I missed three on a stimulator and parachute Adams. I finally decided to tie on some black ants and got two fish, one was about 8" and the other 10". Both beautiful fish that were released to swim many more days. Sorry no pictures this time.

I should have pics posted of my VT trip in a week or so. Best of luck on the water guys.

I miss VT. I lived there for six months and probably would still be there but my brother didn't want to stay and I couldn't afford it on my own. I don't blame him though, hes not much of an outdoorsman and if your not a fan of the outdoors there really isn't much to do. The Battenkill was the only stream I ever ran across another fisherman. Just about every stream has brookies and some of them are so full of trout its hard to keep your fly on the water for more than a few seconds. I don't even know the names of the streams. I would hop in the car and find a dirt road and follow it till it hits a stream. It is a beautiful area and the people are great. Post some pics when you get back, I would love to see what I'm missing. Have fun!

I've been to VT twice and it is just so much fun up there. The main river got blown out on me last year and was forced to the smaller streams with the exception of two days and they were full of wild rainbows and brookies galore! Have a blast and enjoy the scenery! Oh and if you get on a river that has smallmouth, tie on a big wooly bugger and hold on because they grow them BIG up there!

Back