Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Pulling off the Pen Turnpike to fish
From Monessen, PA
Actually, you can get from Here to There (Directions from Google), but it takes just under 8 hours.

In addition, be careful using maps The route chosen might be hazardous (see step #21)

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:08

-- Leo Tolstoy

Re: Pulling off the Pen Turnpike to fish

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
Man I'm confused, first you said the stream is west of the Burgh then you say its a little near of Donegal, it can't be both. Get off at Donegal there are streams nearby.

Well, at least it is west of Philly.

Common mistake. I sometimes make the same mistake in reverse because i have to drive east to get back home to western PA.

Yes it is a common mistake. There's often a lot of confusion when giving directions. Many times I've had people say something like "It's on the left side of the road." Well, whether it's on the left or right side of the road depends on which direction you're headed.

But on the other hand, here's a story my brother told me. He was asking for directions to some place in rural Vermont and he asked whether the spot he was looking for was on the east or west side of the road. The local guys said, "well it depends on which way you're travelling. " Actually whether something is on the east or west side of the road DOESN'T depend on which way you're travelling.

I also had someone tell me to turn left where the old schoolhouse used to be. It turned out the schoolhouse had burned to the ground decades ago and there was nothing there but brush.

Or people will tell you to turn right at the "old Jones place." They moved out of there 30 years ago and the Smiths live there now and they don't even have their name out front.

Yah can't get there from here.....

That's why it's good to use maps.

It's even worse in the mountains. The sign could say you are heading East when at any given time you could be heading North, South, or even West. Flatlanders should just stay home.

And then there is central PA. You may be 2 or 3 miles from where you need to be (other side of the ridge), but it takes 20 miles of driving to get there.

Posted on: 2007/5/25 14:48

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com