Pulaski run sunday

beeber2

beeber2

I am thinking of heading to pulaski for steel on sunday and returning on monday. If anyone wants to go send a pm my way.

a one day suicide run?...oooh thats tough. good luck

What time are you planning on leaving/returning?

I wish

Leaving around 7 or 8 am sun, fish sunday afternoon and all day monday. Expect to be back in Riegelsville, PA around 10 pm Monday night.

youre right beebs...that is the definition...too bad you couldnt leave earlier on sunday and get am fishing in too but take what you can get!

I think it ends up being a two day trip if you plan it right, it's not like a trip to Erie, where you waste 2 days getting to and from the Erie Tribs.
The downside of fish NY is the license cost.

i just goy back, fished friday-sunday and had 1 hookup. i may not be the best steelhead fisherman but i only seen a few caught the whole time. its really slow.

I did a suicide run Friday and Saturday. Drove up Friday, fishing Friday afternoon and all day Saturday and driving home Saturday night. I slept pretty late Sunday.

Friday was a bluebird day and the fishing was tough - hooked 4 and only got one to the bank. Saturday was a little overcast and the fishing picked up. Got a buddy of mine who was new to steelheading his fish steelie and landed 5 steelies and 1 coho in a row without dropping any. That is a rarity for me. The crowds were normal, but nobody was at a couple of my favorite runs, which was odd indeed. Spent some time at the hatchery watching the fish in the fish ladder.

Suicide Run? Your staying overnight that's not a suicide run! I use to drive up there for a day trip known as an ironman!

Salmon River is too low. No rain out that way anytime in the near future.

If you can head west...

The SR at least has a base flow... only 2 streams west of the SR even have a dam that can release water, there low too. low water and crowds = pressured fish but they are still out there. Mornings are best still but that will change very shortly once they get the shock of the cold days/nights that we usually get. Adapt and you can be rewarded.

fished SR yesterday and if you knew where to go it was on fire. The only thing I will say is stick to fast water, very fast water.

I've had some tough days this year with the crowds and low water, but I finally got it figured out and when the water is low the fly pattern and overall rig you use does matter (IMO).

The SR is nothing... compared to Oak Orchard Creek. Oak has as big (or bigger) fish, less crowds, and not has "big brawly" to fish as the SR. However, Oak does not have any FFO stretches... I just fished Oak yesterday. Woke up at 0200 on the stream by 0615. Fished til noon. 8 brownies 20" and over. 3 Steelhead, and 1 Atlantic Salmon. A hook up and land almost every 15-20 minutes.

jjsjigs wrote:
The SR is nothing... compared to Oak Orchard Creek. Oak has as big (or bigger) fish, less crowds, and not has "big brawly" to fish as the SR. However, Oak does not have any FFO stretches... I just fished Oak yesterday. Woke up at 0200 on the stream by 0615. Fished til noon. 8 brownies 20" and over. 3 Steelhead, and 1 Atlantic Salmon. A hook up and land almost every 15-20 minutes.

You are probably in the minority if you think the Oak is better than the SR. Truthfully, I have never fished the Oak, so I guess I shouldn't say, but if it gets better and bigger runs of fish than the SR then I must check out the Oak.

Back