Preseason Steelhead Scouting Trip...

T

TroutBuster

As I'm sure most of you are, I'm really starting to get the itch for some steelhead fishing and tying flies can only do so much to satisfy the urge.... I have some free time coming up in August and I'm thinking of heading to Erie with a friend of mine to scout some new steelhead fishing spots. Hoping to find some more "remote" areas of the westside tribs that you need to hike into for the upcoming season. Not all that familair with most of the westside trips so if anyone can point me in a direction to start, that would be greatly appreciated (I'm mostly familiar with Walnut and Lower Elk creeks).

Also, if anyone wants to meet there to join in the scouting trip, they're more than welcome. We might even camp out at one of the campgrounds on Elk.

not many remote places on the west side in my opinion , east side is more remote in the upper reaches

troutslammer wrote:
not many remote places on the west side in my opinion , east side is more remote in the upper reaches

Really? I thought that on most of the east side tribs, the steelies can't get past the first road in from the lake.

True, Better, remote fishing is to be had farther from the lake, closer to you TB. And, I am not talking about the east side, rather the southwest side of Erie county even into the next county. One has to do their home work to find them, but they get there. Solitude does exist there.
Out west the fish travel hundreds of miles up the Snake R..

Back