Pontoon Boats?

M

Meredith

Hi Everyone,
I am considering purchasing a pontoon boat so I can get to some of those really great places where you just can't wade. I am looking for advice from anyone who owns a pontoon boat or has used one. Let me know what type you have and the pros and cons from your experience. I would really appreciate the feedback.
Meredith

I don't know about pontoon boats but....I have a float tube and it is great on still water. I also have a kayak that is great on still water. It gets a little hairy trying to fish in rapidly flowing water but does the job well on long slow runs. A pontoon may split the difference between the two and offer a more stable (and roomier) platform than thy kayak. I think that it all depends on your comfort level in the boat. I am sure that there are many who would fish and float where I paddle and pray :lol:

Think comfort and ease of set-up, plus weight or you will not use it, remember you will not be in it all the time, most folks are in and out mostyl out except on the long pools, even then you may get into position, then get out to fish.

Meredith,

Floating in a 'toon is a great way to fish. Make sure to get the features that are important to you like: rod holders, anchor system, sturdy frame, etc... Weight is important too. A heavier model will be a little more challenging to carry and handle. Longer oars (7 ft) are better than shorter ones.

I chose a bucks bags bronco and have been very pleased with the choice.

Bill

Back