Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Pity the poor fish.........

From Schuylkill County
because I'm heading up to Penns Fri morning for several days of fishing. I didn't fish Penns since June so I'm looking forward to some good stream time. No distractions, nothing else planned but fishing.

I also have new rod, reel and line, plus new wading boots to try out. Fenwick HMG 9ft 5wt (unused, got for free from a friend), new Fenwick reel and Cortland line I had sitting around, and a pair of new Simms aquastealth studded boots.

Now I gotta find some new beer....

Anyone else going to be in the area?

John

Posted on: 2006/10/4 13:05
if you look at it right...

Re: Pity the poor fish.........

From Pittsburgh
Picking the correct beer is important.
I would guess that the Penns Creek trout prefer Yuengling.
Now when I fish in the Allegheny National Forest, the fish want Straub's.
Closer to home, the Yough river trout definitely like Stoneys

Posted on: 2006/10/4 13:37

Hmm, I would have figured those trout in Penns would prefer Rolling Rock, in pony bottles, by the case. That's why I like flyfishing. There usually is more than one correct answer. Enjoy your time up in Happy Valley. Gotta love that place.

Posted on: 2006/10/4 23:12

From Lock Haven, PA
I'm thinking about getting a Fenwick HMG 9 foot 6 weight. I have a Fenwick HMX 8 foot 5 weight (wish it was the HMG because its only like $10 or so more but with a 25 year warantee and the HMX only has a 5 year). I love how the HMX feels. I can't afford a Sage or Orvis rod and the Fenwicks are in my price range. To me Fenwicks seem like great rods and thats what my dad, brother, and me all own. I don't hear many using Fenwicks glad to hear someone else owns one other then me even if you did get it for free. Gota love free stuff! I just got a bunch of dry fly necks for free from a neighbor and some other tying materials. Too bad it was because of a death but at least his stuff is being put to good use. I didn't realize the guy was into fly tying as much as he was.

I'm thinking of getting either the Sims or LL Bean Aquastealth studed boots but I hear the aquastealths suck but with the studs it should help. I want a pair of good boots for fishing when there is snow on the ground (felts and snow just don't mix well) and I think the Aquastealth studed would be great for that.

Let me know how you liked the new stuff you got...hope the fishing is good I gota get to Penns someday.

Posted on: 2006/10/4 23:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com