Perseverance

E

edhank

Since Green Drake 2019, I’ve been hitting on particular section of my “home” stream pretty hard. First time fishing it last year, I had on a monster rainbow but broke it off. Subsequent trips yielded nice firsh but nothing major. Well all that changed this past weekend when I caught this nice brown. I estimate it to be around a 20 inches.

Attachments

• A47F0632-6FAF-450F-806E-812EEF30C98D.jpeg
    A47F0632-6FAF-450F-806E-812EEF30C98D.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 5
That's a beauty of a wild brown! Would that monster rainbow have been a wild fish? I ask because, there's very few streams in the state that hold both wild browns and rainbows.

Beautiful fish!

wildtrout2 wrote:
That's a beauty of a wild brown! Would that monster rainbow have been a wild fish? I ask because, there's very few streams in the state that hold both wild browns and rainbows.

I don't think the rainbow would have been wild, more likely an escapee. An escapee from what, I won't say cause it could reveal too much as to the location.

Now you have me reminiscing. LOL. I was fishing this one particular glide. Water was off color and I was fishing a larger bead headed walts worm. Euro style on my Sage ESN 3wt. The sighter stopped. I set the hook and HOLY COW! The fish went downstream immediately. I couldn't keep up with it as it was heading to some woody stacked against a rock. I was helpless. The fish broke me off. I swear to the Great Maker that it was a 30" 'bow.

Back