Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Photography Contest - Teaser Annoucement
Webmaster
Photo sharing is one of the more popular activities on the site. Between the Forum and the Photo section there are hundreds of pictures being posted regularly.

PaFlyFish.com will be sponsoring a Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Photography Contest. All of the details and rules will be announced in a few weeks, but wanted to let everyone who is taking pictures right now to give themselves a chance to keeping snapping those shots throughout the month.

In general you can expect that the contest will be about Pennsylvania Fly Fishing. At this time there will be no entry fee and I am hoping to close all entries in the fall time frame.

There is some legal aspects to doing these kinds of things, so if you don't already, you might want to get a Model Release for people in your pictures. Larger high resolution pictures will be encouraged.

Finally, plans are the winners will have their photographs placed in the new 2010 Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Calendar that will be published late Fall of 2009.

I think this will be an exciting way for all of you to show off your best pictures. I have been really impressed with many of the great photography we see almost every day.

More details will be announced in the next 30 days!

Posted on: 2009/6/3 14:17

Edited by dkile on 2009/6/5 7:01:28

Re: Pennsylvania Fly Fishing Photography Contest - Teaser Annoucement
From Gettysburg
Great idea Dave. I look forward to seeing the entries.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 14:49

From Butler
awesome! I have a feeling my D40 is going to be getting a workout in the upcoming weeks. Cant wait!

Posted on: 2009/6/3 14:56

From Greensburg, PA
very cool dave, now all I have to do is get out there...

Posted on: 2009/6/3 15:20

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Alright! I've got a brookie excursion next week, 4 straight days of fishing. I'll snap my share of pictures.

Can you enter past pictures already in the photo section? I have one or two in there thats gonna be tough to beat.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 15:22

Webmaster
Still working out the rules and don't hold me anything, but yes older photographs will probably be good to use.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 15:34

fun stuff, it is a beautiful sport

Posted on: 2009/6/3 16:25

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

From York County
I guess I'll have to lug the old Canon 30D along with me and go back to the trip being about the place more. I have really been on a fishing kick, but honestly I enjoy photography and I've been known to ditch the rod for the camera on certain days.

Sounds like a wonderful idea for the site.
I've seen some great photography on this site. I do some weddings here occassionally.
I am still just an amatuer though. It's no surprise to me though that many of the site members enjoy photography, it's a preference to being outdoors that we all share.

Posted on: 2009/6/3 20:14

From Harrisburg
pm sent

Posted on: 2009/6/4 12:08

Will you have to have a PAFF hat in the photo's?

Posted on: 2009/6/4 16:46

Webmaster
Paul,

Funny, but no I will will lean more on the artistic side rather than my usual shameless self promotion. I do like the hats, Maurice tells the off color ones are selling the fastest! Still sorting out a few ideas, but very much leaning on the winning photographs that can be used in a calendar.

I am learning there are a lot of silly laws when you run a contest. Thinking that the contest will be open to any US Citizens over 18 years old.

Back to the shameless self promotion. Authors, marketing folks or anyone interested in adding to the prizes with some products or services please let me know. We can maybe work out something.

Posted on: 2009/6/4 22:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com