Parking for Little Valley Creek

bjb27_99

bjb27_99

I was thinking of trying Little Valley Creek next week. Does anyone know of any good parking spots?

I was looking to fish Little Valley around the confluence with Valley Creek (on Google Maps there is a nearby road named Mill Road - any parking on this road?).

I also wanted to walk around Crabby Creek to see all the progress that has been implemented by the PFBC and VFTU (Due to the creek being in "rehab" status, I was not planning on fishing Crabby). Does anyone know any good parking spots around here as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Brian

There is one place to pull off on Mill, usually taken, it is near the bridge over Valley creek.
There is plenty of parking near little valley 300 yds upstream from valley creek. There is a municipal lot and ball fields with ports pots. I have not fished little valley in years. I used to be surprised by the fish in there. It is very tight,lots of over hang.

You can park in VF National Park and fish futher down, There is Parking in Chesterbrook-googl map it.

Sorry to revive an old thread - I am actually headed out today as well and may try parking at Mill Road Park or Little Valley Creek Parking.

I was also thinking about trying Valley Creek and parking at Valley Creek Park on Route 29 or Ecology Park - I can report back as to what I find out.

Farley - Did you ever give it a try ?

Gotta love reviving aa 2011 thread! Please let us know how it went. It's been a while since I fished Little Valley. Maybe 1994!

I fished the confluence last week. Got a few small fish. Rain would greatly improve your experience, as it was low and clear and full of refusing fish.

I wonder how much worse the pressure is on Valley now compared to how it was in 2011.....

Gotta love reviving aa 2011 thread! Please let us know how it went. It's been a while since I fished Little Valley. Maybe 1994!
It was a tough night for sure! I decided to park at Valley Creek Park on 29. I initially wanted to use dry flies to go after wild trout. Going up the hill following the creek I had several chances but missed a few. I only got 1 creek chub. Then I tried some of the slow still pools of water closer to the bridge on 29 near the new Starbucks. Tons of trout rising up but the water was so still that my line was spooking them …. Tough night for me ! I am still learning as well
it was lots of fun but a tough night !!

Attachments

• IMG_8574.jpeg
    IMG_8574.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 66
I wonder how much worse the pressure is on Valley now compared to how it was in 2011.....
I have friends who fish Valley pretty regularly, they always have the same story, lots of fishing pressure. They then go on to say "it isn't like the old days". The culprit is the internet, plain and simple.

I did not see anyone else out there at all last night but who knows ? It was lots of fun just wish I got at least 1 wild trout haha

I fished the confluence last week. Got a few small fish. Rain would greatly improve your experience, as it was low and clear and full of refusing fish.
That is awesome ! I should try that area. I am a newbie …. Is that where valley and little valley meet up ?

You're better off catching that native anyways instead of those dang invasive brown trout....unless you were gonna let it rot on the bank for the coons..... bahaha

It's a joke, it's a joke. Obviously cherish those valley wild browns.

You're better off catching that native anyways instead of those dang invasive brown trout....unless you were gonna let it rot on the bank for the coons..... bahaha

It's a joke, it's a joke. Obviously cherish those valley wild browns.
lol yes ! I was happy just to get anything last night

It’s crazy the difference in the water at valley creek park in the last 2 years the flow were very different before the storms.

It’s crazy the difference in the water at valley creek park in the last 2 years the flow were very different before the storms.
Different how? Lower, flatter, lots of sedioment?

I fished Valley late yesterday afternoon. I stayed until the rain got bad. Lots of hits on March brown and adams. Some hatches coming off. I caught 1 about 7 inches and had a nice one, maybe 15 and fat on but it sulked and shook its head, seemed more angry than frightened at getting hooked.
The rain this week should help out but this is a tough stream to fish if you don’t have the right fly/leader/approach.

Attachments

• 046002FD-395C-431B-B076-3D90B18902F6.jpeg
    046002FD-395C-431B-B076-3D90B18902F6.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 32
I fished Valley late yesterday afternoon. I stayed until the rain got bad. Lots of hits on March brown and adams. Some hatches coming off. I caught 1 about 7 inches and had a nice one, maybe 15 and fat on but it sulked and shook its head, seemed more angry than frightened at getting hooked.
The rain this week should help out but this is a tough stream to fish if you don’t have the right fly/leader/approach.
That is awesome !!! Sounds like a fun night. I need to pick up some of those flies and give it another try. I was using a 6x leader and trying to be as stealthy etc as I could

I have friends who fish Valley pretty regularly, they always have the same story, lots of fishing pressure. They then go on to say "it isn't like the old days". The culprit is the internet, plain and simple.

Lots of pressure is very true, I noticed a huge uptick in pressure in the beginning of the pandemic. But when you consider the location and its proximity to the greater Philadelphia area, I think it comes with the territory. A wild trout stream that close to a population center like Philly is going to get pressure, with or without the internet. That pressure coupled with environmental pressures (increased storm water runoff from developments, water main breaks, etc), highlights the resiliency of the creek and its trout.

VC is a tough creek to fish, but if you put the time and effort in, its a rewarding place to fish. Especially close to home.

Last edited:
Back