Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: PROPOSED GUN REGISTRATION

From Room 109
Just from a logistical perspective I don’t think this will happen anytime soon . Considering that 1 in 25 residents of Allegheny County have a concealed to carry permit. Which means roughly 50,000 permits in the county. Now add in all the rifle owners and you have a huge number in just one county. Now add Westmoreland County which has around 25,000 permits issued and their rifle owners and you have way over 100,000 in just two counties.

Look out our federal current situation with issuing passports. The backlog is incredible. Some centers will not issue unless you have a destination already booked. You think that state of pa could effectively implement this ???? I do not think so.

Liberals own guns too !!!

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:35

So what would happen if you didn't surrender your weapons? Would they come and confiscate you and your weapons? Or is that apprehend? Any way that they want to forcibly remove from my possesion my lawfully acquired weapons is unconstitutional. And waiting for the shoe to fall without voicing an opinion of opposition is foolishness.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Flyman

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:40

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Gun Registration

Consider:
1. I must register my ownership of my car or it can be impounded.
2. If I sell or give away my car, I must tranfer the title in writing.
3. I am required to have a photo driver's license to operate that car.

Query:
4. Why should I have greater secrecy and privacy with respect to gun ownership and transfer than vehicle ownership and transfer?

I got this one.

1. You only have to register your car is you intend to use it. They will only confiscated your unregistered car if you use it. Furthermore, if you do use that car, and it gets impounded, you can get it back. I'll bet you cannot get your gun back if you surrendered it and don't have a permit.

2. If you sell or give away your car, you do not have to transfer title in writing. It just makes it a whole lot easier for the new owner to prove he owns it and to register it. You absolutely can get a new title for an untitled car. It's just a pain in the butt.

3. OK, our drivers licenses do have our pictures, but we don't have to be fingerprinted to get one.

4. Driving or owning a car is not a right protected under the constitution. It is only a privelege.

HowdIdo?

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:41

From Altoona/Smoke Run
Yes, liberals do own guns.
Conservatives also have abortions.
And it's nice most of us can live in the real world.
Somewhere between Ted Nugent and Michael Moore.
I just meant this is extremely left and borderline communism.
Comparing registering your car to gun registration is moot.
How bout toothbrush registration, or at least knives. I know both have killed people.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:45

Toothbrush???

I'll have to try that one.

Archy Bunker: "Would you be happier if they were thrown out of windows?"

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:47

From Monessen, PA
Very well, but it was all rhetorical.

The whole "Big Brother is coming to take your guns" thing gets kinda old. I would think even an avid gun owner like yourself would tire of it after a while.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:49

Sorry Jack, but gun ownership is a protected right, no registration required. Automobile ownership is not a right.
This could be a backdoor attempt to outlaw guns period. Just like the boiled frog, it was'nt hot at first. It was nice and warm and comfortable.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:49

From Monessen, PA
See above.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:51

No big brother in this world in the last century. Remember history, Hilter was a hero, At first. Communism was for the people, At first. Then millions died.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 16:57

Would it be better to have this (if necessary) to apply only in the two cities? and have a separate consideration for those who have had a valid hunting license for the last ? years!

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:03

Quote:

JackM wrote:
Very well, but it was all rhetorical.

The whole "Big Brother is coming to take your guns" thing gets kinda old. I would think even an avid gun owner like yourself would tire of it after a while.

Yes, it does get tiring, but the problem is it doesn't seem to get tiring for those that want to take my right away. What do you think would happen if all of us gun owners sat on our hands and said only to ourselves "Let them talk and introduce Bills, it will never happen" ???

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:04

Quote:

littlejuniata wrote:
Would it be better to have this (if necessary) to apply only in the two cities? and have a separate consideration for those who have had a valid hunting license for the last ? years!

LJ, the problem with that is hunting is a privelege, not a right (in most states and i think that includes PA). And what about new hunters? It is part of my heritage. Still not a right though, which means it could be taken away much easier. Especially if they take the guns away.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:09

From Monessen, PA
Dave, to be sure, there are some who advocate gun confiscation, others reasonable regulation, others still no regulation, period. The thing that disturbs me is that when there is an effort to regulate, people who would be inclined to consider some reasonable regulation are scared away by the "coming to get your guns" brigade. If gun owners really thought about it, they would support some reasonable regulation overwhelmingly, however, they are afraid to consider it because they buy into the false belief in the "slippery slope."

I suppose that everyone who buys the slippery slope arguments should advocate no season limitations, no creel limits and no minimum size requirements for trout, because if you don't oppose these restrictions now, pretty soon they will be confiscating our fishing rods.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:13

Jack
I appreciate being slightly misinformed and discovering the truth in the details myself, than choosing to close my eyes and hope nothing could go wrong in our goverment.
It is a goverment of the people, that means ME. I served in the Navy to protect this country and will continue to moniter it's progress as long as I live. Hell, I might even make a mistake in my perspective on an issue. The sky isn't falling because of people's involvement and despite other's remarks contrary to the dangers of the world we live in. So be comfortable, have your opinion, and live in peace.
Now, where is my NRA renewal?
Flyman

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:14

The words "gun control" and "common snese" do not even belong in the same language, gun control is crap, heck you can kill someone with a well sharpened #2 wooden lead pencil.

Posted on: 2007/4/5 17:15

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com