PFBC Angler Survey Revisited

JackM

JackM

Staff member
There is a link from the PFBC web page linking to a blog where you can post your comments about the survey. The first one to comment was some dude named JackM. Then a comment of greater substance from Cindy. Here's your opportunity to air your thoughts more publicly:

Comment Page for PFBC Angler Survey

Now there are 4 posts at that blog link. Our own Albatross was one. Not sure if Cindy and the fourth are participants here. There sure were a lot of comments made here when the survey was posted. This blog is an opportunity to get your comments directly to the Commission and perhaps others who do not participate here but who visit the PFBC site.

Jack this kind off reminds me of when at work when the inmates call me names while they hide behind thier cell door so I can't find out who they are :-?

Just in case if you guys forgot how you felt about the survey before I saved you the trouble and posted the link for you :-D

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4681&forum=2

I don't think I posted to the original posting on this forum, but here is what I posted on the PFBC site.

"I also appreciate you seeking angler input on trout management in PA, but I agree with other posters that the public needs to be educated on the value of managing trout streams and watersheds by using known fisheries management research. I suggest public presentations by PFBC fisheries biologists on trout managment similar to those presented by Gary Alt and his bear and deer research. I am betting that if they are advertised and presented well, they would be well attended.

I also feel that a survey form provided when a license is bought would provide a better sample of angler's opinions. The anglers that truly care would take the time to complete the survey.

I feel that it is important to provide fish for "put and take" anglers that fish only a few times in the spring and contribute license money and other funds to our economy. However, management of true wild trout streams should be based on science. Provide the stocked fish in the streams and lakes that do not support wild trout populations."

Now we're talking. I'm not trying to shame anyone, I just wanted everyone to know of this opportunity to make their opinions known to someone or more persons at PFBC that apparently are interested in seeing what people think. The blog now has 7 or 8 posts and if I were reading it at the Commission, I'd be wondering whether we were doing enough to change angler attitudes in a positive direction. If that's what they get out of it and make an effort to address those concerns, it would be a good thing, I think. Thanks for those who did post or who will.

Back