Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 19 »

Re: PAFF 2011 Jamboree Countdown (16 days)

From Bozeman
It's close enough that I've given up on trying to fish in these flows. Going to Dover next weekend, so I don't see myself fishing anywhere but a local stream or two over the next two weeks. Screw it, I'm waiting for the jam at this point.

14 days until I head up there.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 10:46

From Delaware Co.
I will be there Tuesday till Saturday anyone else leaving early ? Penns probably won't be fishable when I'm there but oh well plenty of other streams in the area

Posted on: 2011/5/4 11:30

I think I'll be there Thursday evening through Sunday, maybe Monday.

Should be a good time!

Posted on: 2011/5/4 11:43

From Monessen, PA
I put in for two weeks off, but the boss allowed me only the weekend. I should be there to claim the pavillion for our group around 300 pm Friday. Anyone contributing anything or who just want to pop in at that time to help if anything needs arranged to our convenience is welcome. If weather looks bad, I have a 20' by 30' tarp that is sound and has been able to be used to extend dry space in the past which I will need help with. After that, I hope to hit a stream and return to an already started firering.

Sunday I either head home or disappear into the hills AWOL searching for risers.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 11:50

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Same as other years for me. Will arrive Friday evening, in time to get the tent up before dark, but likely not early enough to fish Friday.

Early Saturday likely to hit a brookie stream TBD, whoever wants to join is welcome. Saturday evening likely either Penns or Spring for sulfurs, depending on conditions. Sunday at some point we'll be taking off for places farther north somewhere, where I will remain until Wed.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 12:47

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I always enjoy fishing with you Pat, but if we have 200 people on one brookie stream again this year I'm out! lol.

Look forward to seeing everyone and hopefully having some good fishing conditions for a change.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 13:10

From Pine Grove
I'll be there Friday morning until Sunday morning. I'll probably swing by the pavillion around 3:00 Friday to see who's going where and if Jack needs some help (for the record, I've done this every year and he's never needed anything, but it's a tradition now ). After that I'm going wherever Bruno's drink.....I mean, going. Saturday will probably be Spring in the morning, Penns in the evening. Sunday will probably be sleeping in and watching the thunderstorm, or the runoff from the day before. On a down note, I'm currently out of homebrew and can't imagine getting a batch done on time that tastes even marginally decent, and with this being the first year the kids are in day care, I probably won't be having steak and grilled shrimp for dinner Friday night. Oh well, good thing I like hot dogs and cheap bourbon!

Boyer

Posted on: 2011/5/4 13:21

From Monessen, PA
As long as it's not cheap hot dogs too.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 13:25

From Pine Grove
Quote:

JackM wrote:
As long as it's not cheap hot dogs too.

Somebody's gotta eat them.

Boyer

Posted on: 2011/5/4 13:47

From Bozeman
I am still planning on kegging a batch of homebrew to bring. You can help yourself to it if I do.

Probably going to end up sitting the brookies out again this year, but it depends on conditions. I was lucky enough to fill my brook trout tag early this year. I doubt penns will be in as good of shape as last year, but it's still hard to justify fishing anything else for me, especially now that she's reminding us that she can turn us away for months on end. I am embroiled in a lopsided and unhealthy relationship.

The high water has me so frustrated that I am renouncing fly fishing until wednesday, May 18. No need to be frustrated when you don't have any intentions of fishing. I will probably be so withdrawn that I'll be hallucinating by then.

Posted on: 2011/5/4 14:50

From Enola, Pa.

I just talked to Art, his plane will be coming in on Wed, so we will probably staying from Wed to Wed.

Lets hope for some dry weather for a change!

PaulG

Posted on: 2011/5/4 16:07

Ryan,

Sunday through Wed. we might be headed out your way more. Still deciding between camp and NC PA, but I'm being talked into camp. If thats the case, will mostly be the same deal, small stream by day, and probably Oil by evening. Feel free to join for a day or two if you want...

P.S. I might have a brookie stream in mind pretty close to the campsite. Never fished it but all looks good. If you don't join me, I can put you on it, and you can report back. :)

Posted on: 2011/5/4 16:19

From Lehigh Valley
I'll be down friday through sunday. Have a cabin friday and saturday nights.

Looking for brookie fishing at least part of the time (really enjoyed last years outing).

Otherwise - just a chance to fish with people i don't normally get to fish with and relax and have a good time.

Just around the corner!!!!

Posted on: 2011/5/4 16:57

Hmm, this is becoming a toughy for me. I like everyone, I'm happy to play guide and teacher for those that need it. But with 8 or 9 people the brookie thing just doesn't work very well, 3 or 4 is even pushing it, really. Need another guide or two and split the group up, I can point towards streams.

Not giving up my evenings on the big streams, though....

Posted on: 2011/5/4 18:06

From Meadville, PA
Just a thought from an attendee that has never fished anything east of Oil Crik.

As far as Brookie streams some of us won't need anyone to guide us, just point to a spot on a map that we can fish without the worry of being peppered with rocksalt! Then we can split up in smaller groups. I would be willing to take a less experianced person along with me if that would help to spread people out.

Now.... the bigger streams I for one may need a little more guidence. I would like to experiance both during the event but my comfort zone is streams the size of Little Sandy and smaller.

I plan on getting there no later then Friday morning and staying till Sunday evening. So let me know if I can assist with anything.

Jeff

Posted on: 2011/5/4 21:30

http://www.keystoneflyfishers.com/

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 19 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com