PA River Sweep Call for Volunteers

C

curtrein

Hey guys:

Just wanted to make everybody aware of the PA River Sweep that is taking place June 19th 8am-12pm across the southwestern part of the state. This is a volunteer effort that concentrates on River and stream cleanups mostly in Southwestern PA,(but maybe in other parts of the state also.) Basically you get trash bags and gloves and you start picking up trash at one of these cleanup sites. Really, as much time as you can give is appreciated. No need to stay the whole 4 hours if you don't want to. Every little bit helps!
Check out the website: http://www.orsanco.org/index.php/river-sweep .
Anyways, my name is Curtis Reiner and I am going to be the coordinator for the Leetsdale Boat Launch site near Leetsdale,PA which is roughly 25 minutes north of Pittsburgh along Route 65. There are multiple cleanup sites and there may be one that's closer to you if you check the website. If interested in volunteering for the Leetsdale site, email me at curtrein@comcast.net. Thanks guys! This is a good opportunity to give a little something back and I don't think it gets promoted enough so this year I'm taking things into my own hands!

Back