Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

Outdoor Life Fishing Bars
Webmaster
Outdoor life just came up with the top 25 Fishing Bars in the USA. None of the finest establishments of Pennsylvania made it on the list: http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gal ... 2010/10/best-fishing-bars

So I thought I would open it up for our own conversation. What are the best Fly-Fishing Bars in Pennsylvania?

P.S. spot burning encouraged!

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:34

Re: Outdoor Life Fishing Bars

From Eastern PA
Serious lack of East Coast presence (FL doesn't count because it is not a real state).

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:39

From florida
From the locations of the bars one might conclude that salt water fishermen know how and where to drink.lol
As far as Pa. bars maybe it would be like Diners ,Drive Ins and Dives,heavy on the dives.If I remember correctly I've been in at least 4 of those mentioned.
So Jdaddy hates Florida,big deal.Let him hook a tarpon and it will be a love affair for the ages.lmao.
For you JD:

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:52

From Room 109
Pa Bars - the Halton Hilton and Cougar Bobs rank at my top two in no particular order. Both are MGFU@ bars in PA.

I will have to say that Howards Pub on Ocracoke is a great place. They let my dogs in the bar on several occasions. If you have never been to the island go - it is one of the most laid back places on the planet. The jail there is even laid back.

I think a qualification to be on the list is being able to wear waders at the bar or bring your dog in with you.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:56

From Johnstown, PA
Cold Springs Tavern on the Yellow Breeches. Near Williams Grove or the Carsonville Hotel near Clarks creek.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 14:58

From Room 109
There is a good one on pine creek near wellsboro. I forget the name. Boyer remember that place ?

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:03

From Media Pa
#18 in New Mexico. The best they could do was put up a picture of Tom Cruise. That's a Fail. I would say the best fishing bar I was in was The Boiling Springs Tavern when the Prof and I fish the Yellow Breaches. The burger there is great and its the old tap room feel. Now Spruce Creek Tavern was a big disappointment. And contrary to their sign out front the french fries are awful.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:07

From florida
So many good bars,so little time.
The Keys ,definately a great place to fish and drink.
Great bar in Kona Hawaii in the marina.H
einekin on tap and it's served in what looked like an old stemmed candy bowl.
Whats your worst bar story? Just the bar,not getting drunk or tossed out,etc.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:09

From Bozeman
I like elk creek cafe.

Brown's hill tavern is another good one. Right next to BFC. I think I'll go tonight.

Zeno's in state college is pretty awesome too, but I wouldn't go there in waders.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:14

From Lehighton, PA
I thought the East Coast was represented well, even not including Florida I think it had just about the most on the list. I've been to RF McDougall's on the West Br. Ausable (NY), good food and beers and neat to see flyfishing movies like Drift or Rise playing on the TV. Another good one might be the Wilderness Inn just down the road from McDougalls. I was kinda suprised The Rainbow Pub & Grille on Back Lake in NH didn't make their list, having made other lists like this.

Does PA have any good "flyfishing bars?" Personally, I like to hit the Port Clinton Hotel after a day of fishing out that way (or trip to Cabelas.) When I'm on Fishing Creek in Lamar, its definitely the Hublersburg Inn for me. I'm looking forward to getting to know the better pubs around the Lehigh when I move out that way but I've hit the Palmerton Hotel and another one in Palmerton (Bar 110 or something, the name is the street address of the place I know that.) The Riverwalck in Parryville is good, mere feet from the Pohopoco and Lehigh.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:17

From harlansburg
I'm with jayl, elk creek cafe, any place that names it's beers after fish is one great fishing bar! plus they don't seem to mind you walking in with dripping waders! being in the heart of pa trout country helps a bunch as well.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:27

From Eastern PA
There are so many things right about Elk Creek.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 15:39

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
The "BURNIN BARREL" Bruno just across the road from me...

Posted on: 2010/10/29 16:16

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Eastern PA
Quote:
So Jdaddy hates Florida,big deal.Let him hook a tarpon and it will be a love affair for the ages.lmao.

I've had enough love affairs in Florida. That's my problem with it! LOL! In fact it was a love affair in Florida that drug me up here to PA.

Florida has a ton of great things going for it.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 16:33

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
sketers, swamps, gaters, giant snakes, cocain, cubans, old people did I leave anything out....LOL.

Posted on: 2010/10/29 16:36

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com