Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

Re: Outdoor Life Fishing Bars

From Cato, NY
My favorite hands down is the Wharton Tavern in Potter.

"Just one More"

Posted on: 2011/7/11 14:48

From Cato, NY
Quote:

reds wrote:
Having lived in potter for some time prior to this spring and working there for five years I think the people that own and run the wharton are absolutely nuts. Serious conspiracy theory nuts. They have a sign up now to sign a petition apparently they do not own the parking lot and someone else is using it. They claimed to have watched black helicopters dropping ladybugs out.

I went back and reread this thread and this is the reason why the Wharton is number 1 in my eyes...stories like these I hear every time I am in there. My number 2 reason is they carry Straub beer.

Posted on: 2011/7/11 14:54

From York
Jeffs bar in Crossfork is alwas a good time. The subs are pretty decent as well.

Posted on: 2011/7/11 16:34

http://troutpa.blogspot.com/

From Ephrata, PA
Agreed. Just discovered that place in June.

Posted on: 2011/7/11 16:50

From Cato, NY
I agree on Jeff's bar. I went there for the first time in May and there were some interesting characters in there to say the least.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 8:07

From Ephrata, PA
Yeah..."interesting" haha!

Crossfork is turning into quite the happening place haha! Just don't try to find an ATM machine...

Posted on: 2011/7/12 8:31

From Brookville, PA
Dam Inn in Glen Hazel. Good food and right on the EB Clarion and just south of The Dam.

Westline Inn on Kinzua Creek this place has a lot of history and a must stop for anyone in the area.

I also have to put a plug inn for the Halton Hilton it is just one of a kind.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 10:22

From Other side of the tracks
I have never been to the Westline Inn, bu tit is definitely on my radar screem.

And I agree about the Halton Hilton. Been there a couple of times. Good hamburgers.

Posted on: 2011/7/12 11:21

From York
Im going up to the Black Forest next weekend for the Chili Cook Off. I'd like to sneak away and do a little bar tour of the area, I'll be going to the Wagon Wheel of course, and probably Jeffs bar. The Inn is a no brainer, If you see two guys in there 20's with long hair drinking High Life, it'll be my brother and I.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 20:00

http://troutpa.blogspot.com/

From Harrisburg
Dear Board,

Is the place just up the road from The Delaware River Club still standing? We always called it Gert's but I have no idea if that was the owner's real name? Cheap cold beer and $ 1.00 for a cheese burger, plus he'd let you park in his lot to go fishing.

Used to go in the place at Starlight every now and then too, although since I haven't been up there in 10 years it might not be there anymore either?

That big hotel in Bellefonte that burned down a couple of years ago was a good place to stop after a day on Spring Creek. Hell, I can't even remember the name of the place anymore? They had really good German food though to go along with the beer.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/7/19 22:37
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com