Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Osprey returns to Roost.......briefly

From Johnstown, PA
Hello Folks i finally made it back home from the Jam last evening and figured i'd write a little report on my weeks fishing and the great time that started it all THE JAM........what a great time and what a great bunch of people you are , when i fell asleep by the fire and woke up not painted up or my hand held in warm water it just speaks loads for your credibility. Got to meet some of you i've never met before and also with some of you it was like a reunion. Anyhow i have to start by telling you about Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Saturday afternoon i followed JackM and his buddy to Fishing creek , they were heading pretty far up stream so i stopped at a nice looking spot where the creek came close to the road (the creek stayed pretty close to the road for as far as i went but i don't remember any route #) well , after i got geared up and started to fish i noticed about 500 yards upstream a cable stretching the whole way accrossthe creek with stay out / no trespass etc. anyone that knows this section can you tell me what the deal is with that? I fished up to within 100 yards of the cable caught around half a dozen small but nice stocked browns........good time for a two hour spontaneous adventure. Now on to Sunday morning , i like to just jump in the car / truck and take a drive until i see good water and then give it a go .....sometimes it works , sometimes not ......i'm riding and stop at thia little place for coffee and ice and while i'm there six or seven local fellas are there talkin fish , i ask them where a crippled fellow might luck into a few and they point me right back the road , Whipple Dam/Whipple State Park , on the way back in , driving you cross the creek which must be the outflow from the lake , i swear there were 150 trout in that pool no one else fishing and they rose for a foam ant pattern for i don't know how long i was in the area , got about 12 in n let em go probly had 20 hooked . On the way out i stopped at the store again and when i told them about my luck one3 of the guys said something about a hatchery gate? Anyone who can explain that further it would be appreciated. Went back to the campgroud and said our goodbyes from there it was on to Coburn to stop at the Feathered Hook to get directions to Treaster run where i was to meet Art GG and his buddy. Well i got directions up over the mountains , where i swear every trickle has trout in it. Seems Art and his bud got directions around the mountains right to Treaster , whereas i went over and must have stopped six or seven times no names but lots of brookies when i got to Treaster i'm thinkin GG and his friend had already moved on ...........w'll get it next year or the invite to the cabin still stands. Next stop was Standing Stone creek , then the Little Juniata briefly that was my first time there and it was intimidating but I WILL GO BACK more prepared tackle wise. Any help there will also be appreciated greatly....sure is a beauty. From there it's down 22 to Mifflintown and one of the "OTHER" fishing creeks , up into the headwaters and down the Tuscarora sp? hittin no name brookie water till i got to Morrisons Cove and Yellow Creek in Bedford county , from there to the cabin on the Raystown Branch and finally back on the roost here in Johnstown Friday afternoon/evening and i'm already gettin ready to go back over to do the family picnic Memorial Day thing and maybe get some fishing in............not a bad week for a one legged guy HUH????? I LOVE YOU FOLKS.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 8:29

Re: Osprey returns to Roost.......briefly
From Dallastown, PA
Great write up Mike...I can attest to your head hitting the picnic table Saturday night. I guess when you play hard, you fall hard too.

Good to see you again. Not a bad week for a monopod piscator.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 8:43

From Mont Co, Pa
Sounds like you had a great week of fishing!

Posted on: 2013/5/25 8:45

From Monessen, PA
Nice seeing you again, Mike. The creek you stopped at when following me and Mark was Elk Creek above Milheim. To get to Fishing Creek, you had to follow us up over the next mountain. Sure sounds like an adventure from there on out. Glad you had the chance to slip away.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 8:59

-- Leo Tolstoy

From Johnstown, PA
JackM.......i want to take this oppurtunity to say that YOU were a great guy to me and you get a bad rap on here which is not deserved , thanks for helpin an ol gimp out i won't forget it.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 9:02

From Mount Joy, PA
Quote:

Saturday afternoon i followed JackM and his buddy to Fishing creek...

You're a trusting soul, aren't you???

Posted on: 2013/5/25 9:04

From Chester County
Quote:

osprey wrote:
JackM.......i want to take this oppurtunity to say that YOU were a great guy to me and you get a bad rap on here which is not deserved , thanks for helpin an ol gimp out i won't forget it.

Sounds like a great time, Osprey....wishing you many more great days.

Jack IS a great guy.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 10:52

From Monessen, PA
If Osprey doesn't mind, I am going to change the thread title to "JackM is a nice guy."

And actually, I felt bad that I pointed my finger out the window to the creek, hoping when we all arrived at Fishing Creek, I would tell Mike that when I was pointing out the window, I was showing a different creek he might try in the future. Apparently, he couldn't hold out for Fishing Creek.

You caught more than me, I assure you.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 13:07

-- Leo Tolstoy

From philadelphia
osprey,i didn't get a chance to hang out with you!!!

Posted on: 2013/5/28 22:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com