Orvis Rod Repair Service

W

Wmass

I broke my fly rod today by slamming it in a car door, so stupid. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here had ever used Orvis' Rod repair service. I was wondering how much they typically charge and such.

ALSO, the rod had a clean break in the upper section but the lower handle section is slintered. IS THIS REPAIRABLE?

Check this site, it's from Orvis. It should answer all your questions. http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?subject=446

June I sent my T3 back because of the reel seat came lose and it would allow my reel to spin 360. It took them a 5weeks to get back to me. I know it's not a broken rod BUT I think it should have been turn around a little quicker.

I sent my Orvis HLS rod back last year - the ferrule kept loosening up when I cast it.
I sent it through the local orvis shop and it took about 2-3 weeks if I remember correctly. They sent a new rod, but there was a handling and shipping fee of $30 or $40.

call Orvis Repair Service get a repair # and the address and send it yourself US Mail insured. I own only one ORvis Rod but have repaired it 6 times. Twice they changed the cork w/ out any damage to it, and once they upgraded my rod to a better model. The best rod repair service I have ever dealt w/ . I own many Sage Rods and their is always a cost and slower service.

i have owned 2 orvis rods. a clearwater and a superfine. i sent a PLEASE request when i broke my clearwater. it stated that i needed my rod for a trip planned in 4 weeks! they sent a new rod in 2 weeks! i mailed it express. it cost me 30 dollars plus the express shipping. i broke my superfine and it took 3 months to get their most popular model. it was out of stock and backordered! it cost me 30 dollars. i called twice after two months and they mailed it to me from a authorized dealer. last one left. so mixed review from me but its always cheap! :-D

Thanks for the info everyone.

Another concern I have is that the rod is a cheaper model (an old clearwater that is 15yrs old) and my concern is that they wont fix it because its too old. The rod is of great sentimental value, but it isn't the best quality rod.

I have an email in to them and will send the rod out soon.

Orvis warranty is good for 25 years.

Back