Orvis Downingtown

willdeb

willdeb

how good is the selection of flies at orvis downgtown

They have a decent selection but like at any shop you're gonna be paying out the arse. $2 and up per fly and they're probably made in the same sweatshops as the flies that the online retailers sell for around $.50.

I was just there the other day picking up some flies etc. Their selection is pretty good. It's not just geared towards trout either. They have small selections of saltwater, steelhead, shad flies, warmwater, etc. The guy told me too that if i want a pattern they don't have, tell him, and he will try to order it in.

i'll echo what the other guys said but add, for a few patterns they have variations you won't find as easily elsewhere. for instance, i've been using alot of copper johns this year.. they have them with and without legs, also in green and also in red. and pheasant tails in standard or with a red-ringed neck. bead or no bead. legs or no legs. soft hackle or non. i have trouble finding some of these variations elsewhere and catch lots of fish on them.

just a little plug.

ps - there's a $25 off a $50 purchase coupon floating around... buy $500 worth of flies for $25. softens the blow.

I'm sure my man meant $50 worth of flies, but he is right and it is a decent deal

try flyschack.com only 84 cents apiece good flys. Orvis is over priced.

TDB wrote:
I'm sure my man meant $50 worth of flies, but he is right and it is a decent deal

right you are. i shouldn't have posted after the generous tasting of Dogfish Head beers i had yesterday. Haha!

Nothing against Orvis but their flies are all tied over seas.

Leteras wrote:
Nothing against Orvis but their flies are all tied over seas.

So are every big box stores these days

Back