Opposite ends.

S

Squaretail

035-4.jpg
Today was the day of finally getting my wrong sized Korkers to a good home. FishIdiot met me at the gun range on Clarks to cast some flies while we were at it.
The dogs are always a little goofy here with the gunshots going off. Yeah, theyre Jack Russells allright. Tenacious, fearless, and chicken.

043-2.jpg
I got to watch fishIdiot go 0 for 6 at this spot as they repeatedly smacked his beetle.
He probably never suspected there was such a thing as a "heckler" on a stream in the middle of the woods, but he had one this day. :-D

044-2.jpg
Unbelievably he hit 0-7 in this riffle. Which didnt go un-noticed, or unheckled in any way by me.

045-2.jpg
Set that hook!

046-3.jpg
C'mon....almost in....

048-2.jpg
Success! With the skunk finally off, we wandered apart for a bit and both caught multiple fish and enjoyed a spectacular day.

049-3.jpg
There was even a Chupaweinercabra sighting, but it turns out that much like the Mountain Lions of PA, they are merely escaped, domestic animals. Typical blurry shot of elusive animal.

042-2.jpg
After I gave FishIdiot these....

058.jpg
.....he gave me this. Something about the artwork is very heart-felt, and I absolutely love it.
I didnt want to leave, we were catching them, but I already had another trip scheduled.

050-2.jpg
Originally I was to go to Fishing creek to catch the evening rises with friends Jeff and Stephanie. Rain came a few minutes into the trip and caused me to re-think the 4 hours round trip drive time and we settled for some stockie fishing on Stony.
I picked a stretch that would help Stephanie get casting as she never fished with dries before.

051.jpg
Damn bugs. :)

052-2.jpg
The fish were pretty helpful, and Stephanie was pretty consistent. She missed a few and finally got a good hookset into one. Jeff and myself seemed as ecstatic as she was.

054-2.jpg
We all were fishing and Jeff caught some coming up behind Stephanie.

053-3.jpg
Then she caught another. It was so cool, I never gave assistance to a newcomer female before and she did Wetnet proud.

055-1.jpg
Jeff had to catch fish just to keep up with her.

057-3.jpg
Fishing with FishIdiot and a raw newcomer had me at opposite ends of the spectrum this day, I never really got to honker down and pursue trout.
But it was definately a successful day on the stream.

Nice Richardson fly box!!

Dave, you are a generous fishidiot in any case. Brookie and Chickie: totally awesome!

Awesome painting! :)

To be present on the stream with a beginner and "help" them catch a trout on a dry fly must be about as good as it can get for an old salt like yourself ST.

Nice picts. I love that section of Clarks.

Your post made my day!

Thanks!

Nice pics and story. Man, I need to get out.

And Fishidiot, didn't know you rocked the Richardson. Or is it new? Either way, nice....

Nice job,Dan.I can see why Clarks is a favorite of yours.Love the picture by DW.Thats a talented man. GG

Posts like this make me long to be out there RIGHT NOW!

Seeing friends catch fish is just about as enjoyable as catching them yourself.

Thank you for sharing!!!!!!

Awesome pics and post. Man I need to learn how to post pics like that with captions for each one. How do you do that?

Very nice pictures and overall post.That is really giving me the urge,but what's with this HEAT I know it's the beginning of June but it feels like August!

Dan, you are perhaps the best storyteller on this site. I love your photo-essays.

Dave, very thoughtful gift. A squaretail and a couple of Jack Russells.

All,
Many thanks for the kind words.
The chest fly box actually isn't a Richardson but rather a Downs box I purchased in 1984 and customized with the walnut front plate and salmon fly. It's definitely got some sentimental value.

No doubt it was a great day! Chickie, Lucy, and Benny (The Incredible Fly Fishing Weiner Dog) and a great day on a great stream - too much fun. :)

Here's some more pics....

Attachments

• Squaretail and Benny Take a Break.jpg
    Squaretail and Benny Take a Break.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Chick and Benny Bark Encouregement.jpg
    Chick and Benny Bark Encouregement.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Chick and Lucy.jpg
    Chick and Lucy.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Chick Begs for a Trout.jpg
    Chick Begs for a Trout.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Chick swims out to Land a Trout.jpg
    Chick swims out to Land a Trout.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Chick With a Stick.jpg
    Chick With a Stick.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Chickie Wags Tail in Anticipation.jpg
    Chickie Wags Tail in Anticipation.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 2
  • Dan and Ben.jpg
    Dan and Ben.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 2
  • Fish Dogs!.jpg
    Fish Dogs!.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 2
I love how the tails are just a "Blur" in the photos! That's how thier tails really look in person. FI, wonderful painting and even more wonderful to give to Dan. Looks like you both had a memorable day. Obviously the dogs did.

I may have told you guys before, but I am a HUGE fan of JRTs and Dachshunds. I have, of course, had dachshunds before, and plan on having a mixed squadron when I finally get a yard.

Awesome pictures, awesome painting, and awesome story telling.

I noticed Stephanie has the OFF clip on fan. Any feedback on how it works? (Per recent thread on the subject of bug repellents.)

BTW any dog named Benny is cool.

I always wanted a lab named Benner. No idea why, but it made sense to me. Since those days, I rarely fish benner, and I don't want to steal Dave's mojo. But I agree. It's damn near the best dog name out there.

I'll have to settle for coburn or lamar, assuming they fit the dog's personality. :)

Back