Opening day I'll never forget

tstooge26

tstooge26

What a memorable opening day. I'm 28 and I cannot wait to teach my kids about the great outdoors. My father taught me everything I know about the outdoors and I'm so thankful he took the time to do so. Since I don't have any kids yet I got to do the next best thing...I started fly fishing 4 years ago. My dad has always been a baut fisherman. This year he decided he wanted me to teach him to fly fish. Went out this morning and gave him my rod. Showed him basic casting skills and how to set up the leader and everything like that. Had his first fish by 830 and landed a total of 4. He loved the fishing and I'm do glad I could help repay him for all the times he spent with me. What an amazing morning and one I will never forget

Stooge ^5 congrats its what it is about ....sharing the great outdoors and passing the torch

Great story

Just make sure you dont teach him too much, you dont want him to outfish you, right?

(I'm only joking, sort of)

You sir are a lucky man. I envy you....... a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear mr stooge,

You might want to work on a screen name because a stooge you most definitely ain't.

Nice work on teaching your Dad to fly fish. Judging by my Dad only, that was one Hell of an accomplishment.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the season.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Great stuff right there. Wish I had the chance.

Great stuff. I hope you and your Dad have many enjoyable hours together on the water.

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us..

You are very fortunate being able to do that, I am in the same boat as Keith, I didn't have the chance. Enjoy that fellow and fish with him often.

Ard

Stooge, I have the same "success" story as you. I started fly fishing myself at age 25 and taught my father at 28. He and I were spinner/bait fishermen. He saw how addicted I was with fly fishing on a trip to Pine Creek, and also how I was catching and he was not ;) I am now about to teach my 8 year old how to fly fish. your time will come. Enjoy!

Thanks for all the support. We went back out on Sunday and other then falling in and breaking my phone it was a fantastic day on the water. My dad caught 2 more then me including a nice fat 15inch rainbow which he said is his biggest

Back