Off Topic - GO VOTE!

JackM

JackM

Staff member
For whomsoever you choose.

Tuesday November 7
Polls open 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM

I voted Jack...on one of those new touch screen voting machines. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to get olives and green peppers on my Senate Candidate Sub. :lol:

I had the same ole idiot friendly machine I've been using for the last several elections. Thank God.

I thought the new machines were nice and very easy, even for an old dumby like me! A lot easier then tying on a fly!

Maurice,
I am with you. What is all of the contraversy about the electronic voting machines. I mean if Sheetz can accurately take an order through a touch screen then, you would think that Big Brother could too.

Maybe turnout would be higher if you could vote and order a schmuffin at the same time.

Continuing with the Sheetz MTO analogy, but turning serious for a moment: if Sheetz MTO machines can print a receipt for order pick up, why can't the voting machines print a receipt showing your vote in a two part copy? This would allow the voter to "verify" that his vote was recorded accurately, but also allow him to drop one copy into a box that could serve as a back-up and integrity hedge in case of machine/software malfunction or tampering/manipulation. :-?

That makes too much sense, Jack.

Who said that they wanted a tamper-proof machine, Jack? Ruh-Roh! Gotta go! The black helicopter outside my office just landed and a mountain lion is getting out!

Boyer

Back