Not too cold to fish

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

It was COLD out today, but got into some fish none the less... Had a steady snow falling & with winds it had to be single digits, when the waders started to freeze took a break and headed down stream.. I ran into Heberly on stream today and I must say it was a pleasure to make his acquaintence. The man is flat out good people, after fishing food and beer was had by all. I look forward to more outings with him. You know, before we met I saw him downstream and every time I looked the guys rod was bent! Here's one I picked up.

f6e89b8a5008d5348f4fa6c89a535bc2_zpsc31bb185.jpg

I'm taking the old man tomorrow. Hope I can get him connected with something of that nature. very nice fish

OK Jack, tell me you are kneeling in that pic....if not you have ice in your veins.

Nice Jack, too cold for me.

GenCon

Thank you Mike and Chris, hopefully they will be as cooperative for you and your father today as they were Saturday. Perhaps we will run into each other.... Yes Maurice I'm kneeling????

Real nice fish, Jack. I gotta hand it to ya. You've had some great results during some tough conditions.

Thanks John, I apreciate that...

When I saw you yesterday you were apparently serious about going fishing. Nice fish. Didn't you catch that same fish last week

gfoledc wrote:
When I saw you yesterday you were apparently serious about going fishing. Nice fish. Didn't you catch that same fish last week

Roger, yes it is the same fish. He keeps it in a pen staked to the bank. LOL

GenCon

Mike, I think he has 40 or 50 fish in that pen by now

Well Jack, we ended up doing exceptionally well today. Best day I've had in a few years. Certainly best day ever with nymphs. Credit due to heberly on helping me along with that.

I landed somewhere near 20, maybe a few more. And my father half that. He had a big brown snap him that he was very heartbroken about but a good time was had by all.

Not a soul in sight from 830 to 1145. Then I saw two guys hit the waterfall and start slamming them. We headed to home D for lunch then back home.

I'll get to pics in a bit

Chris I just missed you guys by 15 minutes, and when I got there people were lined up like opening day. You fished the optimim time today. Congrats on the fishing.

So that's why there was all that traffic. I thought maybe Penn State was playing then I noticed the TU stickers on the car windows!

Ok Roger and Mike now that you've figured it out I'll show you where it is so you guys can get some pics too, but you can't tell anyone else... ;-) there was a pile of anglers Chris, you and your father hit it perfectly! Fox, that is the main clue to the fact that the rush is on...

Back