Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Northampton County pan fish hot spots?

From Northampton County
Anyone got any idea on a good spot to hammer some sunnies and bluegills?

I was thinking of checking out the Lehigh Canal from dam 8 to dam 9.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 16:16

Re: Northampton County pan fish hot spots?

From King Of Prussia, Pa
No bluegills around here. Flatheads ate them all.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 16:19

From Lehighton, PA
For Northampton county panfish, bass, and pickerel I'd check out Minsi Lake or East Bangor Dam. At Minsi you can successfully wade or fish from boat (electric motor only). At East Bangor Dam wade-fishing is really limited, from a boat is much more successful (I think EBD is also electric only.) The canals are another option.

Posted on: 2011/5/6 16:37

From SEPA

Decently sized ones? I'd love to know myself for my kids, for little guys theres the canal or the Grist Mill in Hellertown 'til it turns foul.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 10:47

From Lehighton, PA
Seriously? It's panfish, how big do they need to be? Point is you can have a ball on panfish without a whole lot of fuss. Yeah, guys catch some good bass out of both each year and there are good-sized bluegills. Minsi also has some big pickerel too and trout in early spring, fall, & winter.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 13:16

From Harrisburg
Dear Ryan,

C'mon, even kids get bored with credit card sized bluegills after a while. There is nothing like a mess of "tittie" bream to get kids interested in fishing.

To that end I'd suggest that folks take a ride in the country on a Saturday afternoon and stop and ask people with ponds on their property if they allow fishing and if so would they mind if you fished their pond on occasion? You'll probably get shot down a lot, but eventually you'll find some who say yes.

Don't plan on fishing the same day and make sure you set ground rules with the land owner as far as the times you are allowed to fish and where to park etc.etc.

Be courteous and respectful of the landowner and his property and offer them some fish, maybe a bottle of wine or whisky, or some other appropriate gift on occasion and you'll find that they talk to other people and often you'll gain access to other ponds with them as a reference.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2011/5/7 13:54
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Northampton County
i can have fun all day catching fishing that 2inches long. The other day i was up jacobsburg park and was catching little 2 inch creek chubs on a small black caddis fly it was a blast.

Posted on: 2011/5/7 19:49

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com