Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Nice Morning

From chester county
Made an early morning trip to a freestone brown trout stream that I essentially forgot about last year. I thought the population would have taken a hit the past two summers due to warm water but it seems to be just as good, if not better than I remembered. Ended up catching my first stocked trout of the year, a 14" brown that looked like it had probably been in the stream for at least a year. Also landed 5 beautiful streambred browns like the one pictured. Had a bigger, even prettier fish than the one in the picture but he snapped the tippet at my feet. Only the second time I've had a trout break my tippet. The only other time was also on this stream, guess they are a little stronger than normal here.

A few years ago I pulled a 19" monster wild brown out of here that is still the largest trout I've ever caught. that fish is long gone but I did see a pair of fat browns in the 16-17" range. I could not fool either one of course. Was quite interesting at times catching chubs, bluegills, smallmouth bass, and wild browns out of the same pools. Overall just a nice morning out on a pretty stream and good to see a trout population that seems to be getting stronger for a change. Wanted to take some stream shots but it was just too dark out for my crappy camera. Off to a family get together now- happy father's day

Attach file:

jpg  100_0149 - Copy.JPG (172.26 KB)
2806_4fde1f4a9f9e0.jpg 615X346 px

Posted on: 2012/6/17 14:18

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com