Newby saying Hi!

G

Gerry

Hello everyone,

I was lucky enough to find this great site last week and I have been re-reading back posts to get a feel for how things go here.

I recently got back into Fly fishing here in PA. after a move to Florida for 5 years.

I was real lucky to learn to fly fish from a long time good friend Joe Petrello. He showed me the ropes and introduced me to the "Tully", Little Lehigh, and all the local S.E P.A. trout waters about 15 years back.

Last week I took a trip with the wife to Cabelas and could not resist getting geared up again. I went with a Cabelas 3 forks 7-1/2 foot 3wt medium action rig with floating line. I used to fish an Orvis 6-1/2 1 wt. It didn't take long til I was visiting the old haunts and trying to get a few to rize....I forgot how much of an addiction this was!

Hope to see you all out on the water....

Gerry

Welcome! I'm new here as well, although my post count might not indicate that. ;-) These guys do know their stuff.

Welcome Gerry! :pint: Lots of great info and good people here, enjoy it!

Welcome aboard,there is alot of good info in here as well as people.
tight lines,
Don

Does Joey post on here?

Welcome on board Gerry. This has and continues to be a great site, with loads of great information from good people.

Welcome to the site. Most people on here only know me as a newbie too but I frequented this place over ten years ago before I joined the Coast Guard. Been stuck in Alaska ever since I joined but I will be back to PA some day.

I'm not sure? I havn't seen him in about a year or so. I'm going to give him a call this week.

Gerry

Welcome to the board and welcome back.

Good move, welcome

Welcome from one who is new to the board ,but old to the fishing scene.

Welcome back to Pa...enjoy the great fishing!

PaulG

thanks for the kind words everyone. It's nice to be back on the Pa waters and not chuckin mullet in the FLA surf! :)

It will be fun remembering all my old fly patterns, and the fishin spots are coming back to me.

see you all out on the water....

Gerry

Welcome Gerry.

Good to have ya here. This is a great site. Good guys and great info. Have fun. See ya around.

Welcome to the board and back to PA.

I used to fish a 1wt and a 3wt. I love the 1wt in the summer when you can fish a lot of small dries, but a 3wt is a much more versatile rod IMHO. So I think you'll like the choice. Let us know how you do with it! :)

Your right...the 3wt has been good this last week!

Today I went up to the Little Lehigh hatchery, and things havn't changed a bit! :) I picked up one great fish just below the Rapids. It musta been 16" and mean as could be. I had to bring em in gently with the 6x tippet I was using.

I walked the rest of the stream, but the wind was a Bit*&!...a few little guys were rizing and also refusing my dry flies!

It was good to get back up there and walk around. Next I think I'm gonna hit the water works up at the Tully. nothing like having fish ignor you all day! :)

G.

Back