New PA Fly Fish member

F

flynoob

Happy to be a member of the website, and a fan on facebook. Been fly fishing for a solid year now and trying to learn as much as I can from anywhere and anyone I can. I'm not a PA resident but I was born in Pittsburgh. I still own a summer home in Addison PA on the Youghiogheny Reservoir. I try to do as much fishing on the Yough River and any trout water close to it. I saw the post about the Trico Summit and wish I could attend but already have plans. Hopefully theres a few members from around my neck of the woods. Tight lines to all
IMG_0291.jpg
[/img]

Welcome Noob
Confluence is a great spot to spend a hot summer day.
I frequently spend time fishing the tailrace section during the hot mid-day, then drive across the dam to take a swim in the lake at the nice beach area there.
Then I bike into the trophy trout area for the evening rise.
Lots of nice fishing options there

Hey noob,

There are lots of guys, including one moderator who are Yough regulars. I'm sure you'll get some great advice.

Yeah I sure hope so. I'm heading up around that area this weekend. Fish in the yough, dunbar and maybe little laurel if the water levels are high enough.

Welcome to the board....I'm new as well but I'm liking the place just fine so far.

I am becoming more familiar with the Yough over the last several years. I may run into you this weekend, though my plans have not yet been laid. I spoke to someone very recently that reported that Dunbar is extremely low right now. Not sure how Laurel Hill is holding up. I usually content myself with the Youghiogheny this time of year because of the cold water. Welcome to the message board.

Hey you can't guarantee the fishing, but you can guarantee the beauty. WELCOME

Welcome to the Forum! :pint:

Back