Neshannock Creek Fly Shop

laszlo

laszlo

I was back home for my 40th Class reunion last weekend and took my Dad out to Neshannock Creek in Volant for a little fishing. We checked out the fly shop there afterwards and I picked up some supplies to tie up some hoppers. What a really nice shop that is. I was really impressed with inventory and overall shop. The owner was a real nice guy too.(didn't get his name) Not too many shops around anymore and I always like to stop in and nose around when I see one.

owners name is Bob, yep, nice guy and nice shop.

I support small biz and try my best to spend my $$$ accordingly

BUT
i would never spend a $0.10 at that shop

unethical shop owner who will do anything to make a dollar

I have never heard anything but good things about the shop and its owner. Your own experience is probably the best indicator, moreso than the opinions of others. I have been to many fly shops where I thought I was treated rudely. I never went back, but never felt the need to belittle them publicly.

Ramcatt, could you please explain. I've never been to NCFS.

as Jack said... i'm not going "belittle them publicly" on this thread

But as much as good shops should be praised and supported...
people should know about the bad ones, and pick according where to spend their $$

I stop into the Neshannock Creek Shop a few times a year to pick up tying supplies and shoot the breeze with Bob. Never had a single problem there. Bob's always willing to share conditions on the stream, and if you pick his brain enough he'll let you on to some other info. That's pretty much the closest shop to me and I enjoy heading into there. The Neshannock should get a stocking in early October too. Nothing made it through the summer there.

Neshannock Creek has always been my favorite shop, been going there since I started fly fishing, actually even before that my grandpa would take me to the trout stockings there. Even though it's about 45min away, I guess I can call the Neshannock my home stream and I'm usually there most of the weekends in March and April. Bob has always been very helpful and I always buy at least some flies or a spool of tippet when I go there(which is quite often in the spring). Haven't heard any bad things about the shop. Oh and I had a bunch of 20 fish days within site of the shop! I like fishing farther down though, less crowded.

Back