Need to get out--how are the poconos this time of year?

Wildfish

Wildfish

For mountain brookie streams are the flows lower now that it's later in the season? What about the lackawanna? Valley Creek is the closest wild stream, and I only have a sunday free--which means crowds. Can I avoid them in the Poconos? Perhaps if I stick to small streams? A couple of little brookies would make a world of difference right now...

Yeah everything is pretty low right now, including the mountain streams. If you really need a trout fix there are a few options. The Lackawanna fits the bill now, water temps seem to hold there in the project water- wild browns here no brookies. Pohopoco (bottom release from Beltzville) is another- mostly wild & stocked browns, some wild brookies from the trib. Bushkill Creek, from Tatamy downstream to Easton is another option- wild browns, holdover brookies and rainbows. Temps will hold ell here and flow increases a bit as you move downstream to the city. Don't get me wrong its still at summer low but it not too bad, from Tatamy upstream though it should be off limits, too low and too warm.

Was in the Poconos Monday to work on the cottage but I did get out for a few hours. Small streams low (really low) and gin clear. They have not been getting the rain we have from ABE areas down to Philly. Not much going on.

Thanks guys,
That's kind of a bummer, I was hoping with this rain we had the mountains streams would be up tomorrow. Oh well. I may hit the Lackawanna since the guys at the shop up there said the flows are up and it's a bit cooler than it has been. I was hoping for brookies however...
Thanks again!

Warm and clear and very low, I'd not fish them unless you know the streams well. many are in the seventies. The Delaware is probably your best bet right now for trout.

Back