Need some help just got engaged.

A

Allmyne

My girl and I are looking for a place to get married this fall, need a mountain setting. we live in and outside philly. Any suggestions? about 125 people. and yes i won't to fish the day before lol.

Drop me a PM when she makes you put your gear on Craigslist :-D

Not a mountain setting, but I have spent many a happy day at Chad's Ford Winery.

"Need some help just got engaged."

Yes you do!! :lol: :lol: Congrats to you and the little lady. No mountains, but Valley Forge Park is a very nice setting. It would be close for you and your guests. Good luck!

I suppose most groups in your neck of the woods look to the Poconos for this sort of thing. I'd suggest the obvious: both of you do some scouting around together. There are a lot of options within a couple hours. Most state parks have adequate parking/picnicing, and restroom facilities and will accomadate weddings. If you go by yourself, be sure to take a lot of pictures. It's better if she goes along - remember (as everyone else has already reminded you) it's "her day" and she will probably be a lot more choosy about sites than you. Let her pick the site. Don't wait till the end of summer to scout for a place.

Fishidiot--that's a great idea. Looking for that "perfect spot" could be a lot of fun (and you could take your fishing gear?). State Parks would be a great place to start.

My best advise to you, is to never forget the 2 most important words in a marriage

"YES, DEAR"

They can keep you out of a lot of trouble and undue stress...
Congrats, on the engagement... a lot of fun times ahead...

Our prenupt included "April and May Are Mine" Hope you both have a wonderful life together

BTW: Don't forget to have an indoors "plan B" site. Hurricane Ivan forced my bride and I indoors. Fortunately, we had set aside a nice place. Reserving the "reserve" site could very well cost a lot more than the forest site but it could very well save the day (think mud, pouring rain, wind...)

Keep in mind....
I looked into a park wedding (Big Sur) and looked elsewhere when I realized that as a public resource you can not prohibit anyone from "participating".

Yes I know that the chances are darn slim but on her wedding day you may not want to risk having you nuptials next to some "hippie drum ring gathering" or the like.

ryanh wrote:

Yes I know that the chances are darn slim but on her wedding day you may not want to risk having you nuptials next to some "hippie drum ring gathering" or the like.

^ HAH! Hippie drum ring at the wedding sure would mess it up.

This might seem a little out of the ordinary, but for a mountain setting, you might consider looking into the poconos ski resorts. A lot of times ski resorts will allow weddings on the top of the mountain with lift service as well as renting their facilities for a reception.

I know a few people who did this in NY and it was always a big hit with a beautiful view.

Check on Time share rentals.State parks: they usually have a big hall of some kind and cabins.
Best wishes and much happiness to both of you.

Forget the state parks - no booze allowed.

Just remember spend all of the money on the band.

Cause all that people remember is the band and booze - DJS suck

Back