Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

NJ to kill 25k trout

http://www.nj.com/warrenreporter/inde ... out_hatchery_to_euth.html

Anyone hear about this? They are saying birds introduced a disease into the raceways. There is no cure, so they are just going to kill them.

Posted on: 2013/9/26 3:51

Re: NJ to kill 25k trout

From Johnstown, PA
phiend........seems kind of ridiculous to me not to utilize them in some way......for instance , the plastic ponds they put up at some sportsmans shows , for kids to be able to catch a few , make it c n r and then desroy them after the kids have their fun???????

Posted on: 2013/9/26 5:28

From Other side of the tracks
That might work. Those kids from New Jersey probably won't even notice the boils and lesions.

Posted on: 2013/9/26 6:15

From SE Pa.
Or they could feed them to seniors !!!
It would help Obama Care !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/9/26 9:48

From Philadelphia PA
Beadhead You're sick!

Why not give them to Farmerdave and he can use them as fertilizer just as the Indians did many years ago.

Posted on: 2013/9/26 16:45
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

osprey wrote:
phiend........seems kind of ridiculous to me not to utilize them in some way......for instance , the plastic ponds they put up at some sportsmans shows , for kids to be able to catch a few , make it c n r and then desroy them after the kids have their fun???????

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/newsrel/2013/13_0092.htm

These were only a portion of the trout slated to be stocked during the NJ fall stocking period. They need to clear these fish out to disinfect the affected raceways and to begin a full round of antibiotic treatment to the rest of the hatchery fish. Those raceways that hold the fall stocking allotment need to be cleared by a certain date so that they can begin housing fish slated for next year's allotment. Pretty much every hatchery operates its raceway system on a scheduled revolving door basis. They're would be no room to keep these fish to use for those sportsman show setups. Besides do you really think any state fisheries agency wants to sponsor an event for kids to catch diseased fish with lesions and sores?

Posted on: 2013/9/27 14:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com