Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Martha goes fly fishing
Webmaster
First Obama, now Martha, who is next Oprah...
Martha Stewart Blog Post about FF

Well maybe it will encourage more women in the sport?

Posted on: 2009/9/12 9:07

Re: Martha goes fly fishing

Sometimes when I'm out there and come up empty I wonder why as a woman I'm not home baking pies? ( which gets me a ton more codo's then if I caught a 7" brown.) But I think on almost all of the other days, fish or no fish it's all good on the water, sometimes I forget the point is to catch something. I say ladies fish on. And Obama well you're not a women so you've got it worse than me when you come home with a dry net. When I tell fellow fisherman I caught a good fish they say lucky you like it was dumb luck. I don't know I agree with Martha though I'd love to do this fly fishing thing again and again and again...

Went to the Lackawanna with my sunglasses and still came up empty. I'll be going back again and again until that just isn't the case anymore. My son caught one nice 16" brown so they are in there. Can't say I didn't fish well. I've got a better grip on the dry dropper and the curly indicator for nymphing. It was a fun day.

Posted on: 2009/9/13 13:39

From Altoona, PA
She fishes with a stylist and makeup artist. Sheesh

Posted on: 2009/9/13 14:45

Well the way that I look trying to fit into guys fishing gear because the ladies stuff doesn't fit and my hair all smashed under a cap with my ears sticking out..It sure wouldn't hurt me to have one. LOL! She's a pretty non perfect lady. It's nice she bothered to pick up a rod and try the sport out and she does look fetching in her hat. I'd look like a duffess.

I'd be happy if I had one of her pies right now. I'm making Pasti. Never knew what it was before I got married. Ground beef, onions and potatoes in a pie crust. You need ketchup on the table. I still can't figure out why anyone would eat it. A dry pot pie without veggies and gravy. But 3 guys in my family eat it so I'll bake them one.

Posted on: 2009/9/13 15:25

From Mount Joy, PA
Why do I sense that fly fishing will suddenly become "en vogue"...

Posted on: 2009/9/13 19:59

From SEPA
Here's holding out for a sequel to the movie, where the Reverend Maclean and the Maclean boys hookup with Turbo and Ozone have an urban fly fishing contest to save a recreation center from being bulldozed!

Posted on: 2009/9/13 20:27

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

wetnet wrote:
Well the way that I look trying to fit into guys fishing gear because the ladies stuff doesn't fit and my hair all smashed under a cap with my ears sticking out..It sure wouldn't hurt me to have one. LOL! She's a pretty non perfect lady. It's nice she bothered to pick up a rod and try the sport out and she does look fetching in her hat. I'd look like a duffess.

I'd be happy if I had one of her pies right now. I'm making Pasti. Never knew what it was before I got married. Ground beef, onions and potatoes in a pie crust. You need ketchup on the table. I still can't figure out why anyone would eat it. A dry pot pie without veggies and gravy. But 3 guys in my family eat it so I'll bake them one.

'
They call that Shepards Pie in these parts.....well not in this particular part cuz my wife don't make it, thank goodness. I think its aweful.

Posted on: 2009/9/13 21:13

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

wetnet wrote:
Well the way that I look trying to fit into guys fishing gear because the ladies stuff doesn't fit and my hair all smashed under a cap with my ears sticking out...

Don't stop there you big tease!

I'm joking of course, but there is something about a women fly angler. Down to earth women make me smile.

Not a big fan of Martha's though.

Posted on: 2009/9/14 5:59

From Delaware Co.
I guess she was having flash backs from her stay at a federal prison camp and needed some release

Posted on: 2009/9/14 7:58

From Media Pa
In my best Don Adams....would you believe Jane Fonda too!!

http://janefonda.com/last-week-at-the-ranch-for-awhile/

Posted on: 2009/9/14 11:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com