HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

March or July???

From Mount Joy, PA

Posted on: 2013/7/9 22:18

Re: March or July???

From LV
Water good, drought bad. What's really strange is that up in Pine Creek Drainage, there were streams that were fairly high and others low last week. It just goes to show you what scattered showers means.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 22:26

From New Castle, PA
For what it's worth, the color of those dot's don't tell the whole story. They only mean that for this particular day of the year, and for as long as stats have been recorded, the streams are above "normal". It does not really indicate anything more than what is happening in the very short term.

The dots could all have been red, indicating low water, for the past two weeks and one storm could have them all blue for a few days and then back to red. The reality being a drought with one big storm in the middle.

With that said, yes, we're having a pretty good year as far as stream flows are concerned. Air temps are starting to get pretty warm and staying there, but our streams are still much better off than in past recent years.

Kev

Posted on: 2013/7/10 0:18

From Lititz/Huntingdon
22 yr old nephew just moved out to Steamboat Springs... He's a flyer. Water is up everywhere in that area. He's have'n a blast. Oh to be 22 again. I believe he may be taking full advantage of the new laws in Colorado... Every picture I get back from him his eyes look like coin slots!! The road goes on forever and the party never ends!!

Posted on: 2013/7/10 9:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

I checked a few streams I'm familiar with and flows are very nice right now. Go feeshin if you have the chance.

We had this type of weather pattern in the summers of 2003 and 2004, with plenty of rain, and the freestone wild trout fishing was terrific. It's been pretty good so far this year too.

Posted on: 2013/7/10 9:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com