March opening tomorrow!!

mute

mute

went out to see the poor little stockies the spinfisherman are gonna hit, and took a pic of a little hole on one of the streams near me

You should go back about 9am on satuday and take another from the same spot so we can compare...

yea tom im gonna get out at lik 5:45, try to get some fishing in before its shoulder to shoulder

Anyone else tying some funky, last-minute creations for tomorrow?

The beauty of fishing all year round is that Opening Day isn't all about landing fish, but rather taking it all in - the kids, the parents and the once-a-year fisherman.

Another beautiful thing is the looks on their faces when I throw back fish after fish.

Dale

Where is that? Or is it a secret?

A picture tomorrow morning WOULD be interesting. That looks like a classic site for a "corn storm." :)

mute wrote:
yea tom im gonna get out at lik 5:45, try to get some fishing in before its shoulder to shoulder

Can you fish before 8am?

haha tom, not too secret, although it is well hidden, its stump hall road in montgomery county, got like 3 other fishing spots within 5 minutes that are stocked too, one at skippack pike, one at skippack creek rd, one at level rd,

4:15 and im off to the stream. gotta get my special spot! good luck all! :-D

Anyone heading out to an open regulation water in the next few days should remember to take a small plastic bag and give a little extra effort in carrying out any trash they encounter. I know my favorite local bluegill lake that also has trout in the early season gets quite messy in the first week or two of the season and I can always fill a small bag when I go there at this time of year. Good luck to anyone heading out today.

Well, quite the waste of time, too many people.

Will be interesting to see the turnout for the first split opening day, how does it look?? Streams more crowded, due to guys traveling out of their area to fish the early opener, will this cause landowner issues?

mute wrote:
Well, quite the waste of time, too many people.

I caught about a dozen, all natives. I saw exectly 1 other fisherman, and he drove the jeep we were in. :cool: Nice day to be out. Saw the biggest turkey I've seen in years on the way in. Did you actually fish a stocked stream on the first day? :-o

Boyer

This had to be my favorite opeing day yet.Not because of the fish I caught but because of my son.He is almost 14 and he had to wake me up first,then just watching him with the fly rod.He is getting good at at and was really into it.Could not get him off the stream,and he caught 12 and released them all.It is fun to watch them grow up and enjoy fishing.

Back