Many have hooked a bat while flyfishing. How about an Eagle?

albatross

albatross

holy crap

+1 Damn I hope that never happens to me.

Just saw that on facebook, amazing.

I wrapped up a barnswallow in my leader last year while fishing a farm pond, does that count. Pulled him to shore, he wasn't hooked, untangled and on his way.

Same spot I saw a largemouth jump a clear foot out of the water after a diving swallow as well. Believe that or not.

Snakes, bats, small birds, owl, a muskrat, trees n branches, myself, people I have fished with.... But never an eagle. What kinda federal fine do you get for that?

I enjoyed the narration of the video. :)

Also, the video gave me some ideas regarding the local mergansers.

I had it happen with a heron once. But an eagle would be really cool!

HAHAHAHAHA that was awesome! Your voice cracks me up! I can only imagine what I would be saying.

Good thing you were using a nice reel with a good drag system to protect your delicate tippet. :)

Albatross only posted the video, he's not the guy in it. Come meet him at the JAM, I'm sure he'll introduce you to his friend Evan.

That is awesome footage. Did the eagle break the line or drop the fish? It would be interesting to land the fish after the eagle dropped it, but it did not look like he was going to give it up!

Had a bird pick my fly off the water last year on Pine Creek, it dropped it a second later.

Not my original video, and yes Evan is coming...

I never caught a bat, but I released one that had taken a broken off fly hanging in a bush. Poor thing was just flapping around trying to get free. But that eagle, damn that was amazing.

csoult wrote:
Had a bird pick my fly off the water last year on Pine Creek, it dropped it a second later.

The ever aggressive man eating Blackwell bridge swallow. Very rare.

That would get your blood pumping, very cool.

Saw this yesterday too. A beaver slapping his tail scares the me enough. Just the fact of an swooping in that close woud be pretty wild, but geez watching your line go out then too.

FiveWeight wrote:
Snakes, bats, small birds, owl, a muskrat, trees n branches, myself, people I have fished with.... But never an eagle. What kinda federal fine do you get for that?

Oh, and a dairy cow!

turkey wrote:
csoult wrote:

The ever aggressive man eating Blackwell bridge swallow. Very rare.

Yep, I've had it happen at the bridges round Cedar Run and Pine Creek. And also at Blackwell.

Back