Manistee and Pere Marquette Rivers, Michigan

Acristickid

Acristickid

Looking for any advice. Particulary spots for wading as both river are on the large side.

Know alittle about the area, my buddy is running point on the planning but thought I would ask for some information.

I will be heading to the area for steelhead (salmon will be pretty much over) Nov 7th- 11th.

Very much looking forward to this trip as I have not gotten out nearly as much as I used too. In the past I would have had about 4-5 steelhead trips under my belt by now but life has been getting in the way.

Thanks in advance for any help you could lend.

Paul
(Work is for Suckers)

I can tell I am out of practice on PAFF- meant to post this in FF locations. Drat.

Bear Creek offered very good wading if i remember correctly.

Here is a Map i dug up

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215309620197372356487.0004aa9087f0b13cb386b&msa=0

acristickid wrote:
I can tell I am out of practice on PAFF- meant to post this in FF locations.

Don't worry about it. I'm a bit more particular about waterways in PA. When they're posted here in the General Forum......I usually let 'em linger until they haven't been refreshed for about 24 hours, then I move 'em to the Locations forum. Same deal with all the gear threads......they eventually get moved too.

Ask Albatross,I think he was out there. 2 ? Years or so back.
How are you doing?
Art. GG

You can wade much of the PM. It wades well in the fly fishing only section between Gleasons Landing and M-37. The steelhead are ramping up nicely right now.

Attachments

• PM FF Only Map1.gif
    PM FF Only Map1.gif
    170.5 KB · Views: 1
Excellent. Thanks for the information, appreciate it.

Many of the flyshops reports for the area are sounding great.

GG- I'm good. Wish I could spend time in FLA in the winter. Don't think its going to be awhile till I get back down.

Really looking forward to fishing for 4 straight days- can't remember when the last time I did that.

FYI- folks from the western part of PA should consider MI for steel and salmon. Similar drive to upstate NY without as many crowds.

Plans changed a little- but it's probably for the better because of all the rain both not having to drive through it and let the waters come down a little.

Leaving tomorrow for MI instead of today because my fishing buddy is being tapped for TU pres tonight. hahaha

Those rivers just come up in height and flow with the rain, they don't get much stain. Completely different than the Oh & Pa tribs.

BTW, you'll find the folks on the MI rivers a little nicer than the NY rivers as well ;-)

Back