Mainstream Outfitters Doylestown

daman1277

daman1277

Stopped in there only twice but seems somewhat decent. What are your opinions?

it has gone down, used to be in the other building. I used to work there 6 years ago.

It is on my way home from work so I occasionally stop there. It is decent, though I wish they had a better selection of fly tying materials.

they support BCTU and a bunch of other local stuff They are associated with Dave's I like them

Is that the one @ Dave's on 611?

They were going out of business the last time I was there about a year-16 months ago. Funny thing is, if they didn't have what I needed for tying, Dave's usually did. If you're going to have a retail store, keep a decent amount of inventory. In the 21st century, nobody wants to hear, "We don't have it, but can order it." Yeah, so can anyone with a computer.

why keep a large inventory when they are selling out..there is the house, shop, daves and mainstream. after 58 years in buisness they are done...i started going to daves when he was in cross keys in the sixties..

I was talking about the inventory they kept in the store a few years ago. The last time I was there, they had moved the Orvis section to the right side of Dave's, and the left side was a pool supply store. They were clearing out everything that was left for a dollar or two, but the rods were still full price. Someone told me they decided to keep the dealership going, but I haven't made the drive there in a while.

A lot of history at Dave’s. Staying open all night before opening day and serving free coffee. I remember going in and buying something only to be asked to hold the baby while she rang it up. You feel old when the “baby” now rings you up. The folks there have always been helpful and honest. It’s hard to fault that.

Well must the few times I have stopped in there has been a hottie at the register

Bob
Do you remember when Dave's was on Court St in Doylestown ?
I use to stop there on my way home from school
Where were they in Cross Keys ?
I must be having a senior moment ,cause I can't remember were they were

henry your right my senior moment court street. meinigers were cross keys..

richk I worked in the left side before they moved into the right side of daves, I left there 7 years ago to move here..had a nice tying inventory plus guiding, tying classes, and casting classes.

i stop in once amonth to get what i can, im for small buisness. they are now selling frisbee golf supplys, that is big at the lake.

Back