Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lost Rod Tip on Valley Creek (super bummed)

I've never posted on paflyfish before but I've been reading this site/forum for many, many years. You guys know your stuff and it's kept me interested and humbled whereas that's not always the case for some other forums I had subscribed to in the past. In any event, i could use your help...I lost the tip of my rod at VC on Sunday after a good day on the water. Long story short, I looked up after walking out of the woods and it was gone. If found, please let me know. It was a 40th birthday gift from my wife.

Super bummed.

Posted on: 7/14 21:07

Re: Lost Rod Tip on Valley Creek (super bummed)

From Lansdale
Which Valley Creek ?

Posted on: 7/15 5:31

Valley Forge

Posted on: 7/15 7:12

From PA and NH
Bummer, trying to find a stick in a stickpile.

Posted on: 7/15 7:44

From LV
I lost a rod tip once walking in to the stream I was going to fish. I assembled the rod but hadn't tied on a fly or strung it. Fortunately, I retraced my path and found it at the bottom of the hill.
Note to self, whether or not the rod is assembled, I always string up the rod and tie on a fly walking into and out of a fishing spot.

Posted on: 7/16 7:38

From chester ct
Normally I do what Cgaz does for that very reason. But this spring, ffishing the Tulpy one evening, I ran out of light trying to put on that one last fly. So I called it quits, wound everything in, and a bush must have pulled the tip off while I walked out. The next morning, I dashed back, retraced my steps and was glad to see the tip, actually standing up against a different bush.

FC - which section were you walking thru coming out? I've been pretty good at finding lost tips, reels, nets etc. for buddies.

Posted on: 7/16 9:03

From West Chester PA
Dittoes to Chaz. Lost a tip once that way. Never again. My rod is always strung walking.

Posted on: 7/16 10:17

That's the thing! It was strung up while walking out. However, when I noticed my line trailing behind me, the tip was missing and the tippet was broken at the fly with the fly still dangling from the fly holder! It makes no sense!

Posted on: 7/16 12:08

@lestrout - thanks for asking as it was above Bradford road. I lost it somewhere between where Little Valley meets Valley (that was where I had stopped) and that nice deep hole just to the left of that apartment complex on that high hill where the blacktop path parallels the stream. It's somewhere between.

Posted on: 7/16 12:38

From Philadelphia
That's rough, I hope you find it. If i knew the area better id make it a point to go look, but i only really know the part of VC at the parking lot and along valley creek rd. either way, let me know if you need a fishing buddy at vc sometime. Could always use a fishing buddy and some ffing wisdom.

Posted on: 7/16 21:40

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com