Looking to get out today.....

JVenezia

JVenezia

Trying to figure out where to go in southeast Pa. Looking to travel within about 20 miles of Lancaster.... Any suggestions?

Bluebird day I'd hit up the stoga for some bass...

Go to Octararo, the lower meadow stretch! It's all stocked but very beautiful and even more fun. Lots of quick runs with cover and interesting currents.

Any directions to get to the Octararo? Cannot find in my fishing GPS.

Go to the Lapidum Boat ramp in MD.There is about 250 ft of rip rap/large rocks.Cast shad darts on spinning tackle or roll cast shad flies from the rocks:favor chartreuse color.

The shad have a tendency to stay very close to shr=ore on this stretch.fish low light in the am or pm for the next few weeks.You should do fine

There are two branches, you'll have to google around a bit, which is why I mentioned the meadows stretch. I'm sorry I'm being vague, I used to fish there years ago when I lived in Philly. I don't know the area well enough to direct any further, but it's one of my all time favorites, and I'm definitely one of those "wild" only kind of people.

It's the west branch near quaryville.

Please watch your language.

Thanks for all the help. I found the west branch area near Quarryville in my GPS. Going out to try it now.

IMO opinion the easiest way to get maps and directions for areas that are stocked it to go to the PFBC stocking schedule. Find the area you plan to fish and click on the box where it says Long. and Lat. Very useful tool!

The PFBC site has a great tool called "county maps" found on the home page. You can zoom into any region of the State and find Stocked, Class A, and Special Regs trout streams. With the setting on satellite you can zoom in close enough to actually find parking areas.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/county.htm

JVenezia wrote:
Trying to figure out where to go in southeast Pa. Looking to travel within about 20 miles of Lancaster.... Any suggestions?

Don't overlook the lakes in the area. This time of year you can find all sorts of fish very close to shore and eager to eat flies.

Back