Little J

H

HuntinFool

Has anyone been out to the Little J lately?

I am planning on going for a mid week trip.

How are the grannoms, in full swing?

Thanks

Jonathan

Fished it yesterday. Grannoms are done. We saw only a handful of caddis all day and the trout were not keying on them. Important bugs on the surface yesterday were blue quills and craneflies.

i was there too this weekend, fishing was pretty good considering the weather. mornings were slow but fish were rising late afternoon into the evening. i had one fish and a couple takes on a black caddis/stonefly creation but had much better luck fishing a BWO. found a pod of risers late and hammered them for an hour or two before callin it quits.

I'm not sure the forecast out there but I'd definitely say it would be well worth the trip. I had the most luck on #18 BH pheasant tails and #18 BWO parachutes

albatross, is that what those mayflies were? i assumed they were BWO's but I guess they could be blue quills...not like it matters, im just curious.

jason8709 wrote:

albatross, is that what those mayflies were? i assumed they were BWO's but I guess they could be blue quills...not like it matters, im just curious.

I had one float to my feet before the main event, and it was a blue quill. We assumed the rest were the same. In any case the blue quill imitations worked well for albie and andrew!!!

I was there 2 weekends ago, and yday...and I completely missed the grannoms. Never saw a single one!!! I'm bummed!

I fished the gorge on monday and wasn't really expecting to see them yet - they were thick. The fish were all over them, and they weren't picky either. I caught quite a few fish on grannom dry flies, but nymphing was even more productive. I caught fish on grannom soft hackles, olive beadhead nymphs, and cranefly nymphs. It was much better than last year.

Back