License...maybe a dumb question

T

trouthunting

This is my first new year in PA, and I'm not sure how the licensing works here...

I bought my license last June. Is it good until this June or do I need to purchase a new license for the entire 2009 calendar year?

PA licenses are good for a calender year only, so yes, you will need to purchase a 2009 license and the appropriate stamps if you are gonna fish for trout or at erie. I would also recommend purchasing it online.

Thanks for the info!

Too late this year, but you can buy your 2010 license in December 2009 and it is valid during December 2009 and the full year of 2010.

I agree with Jason's sugggestion to buy online. When the time comes to print my license from my online purchase, I "print" to a PDF file that I save on my computer. Then, in the event of a lost license I can always print a new hard copy. While this may violate the letter of the law (no duplication), so long as you don't actually allow another person to fraudulently use a copy of your license, you should be fine.

Yeah I just print off several copies and keep them in different locations... One on my vest, one in my wallet, one in my car and 2 at home... that way I'm covered in case I ever lose one or they get ruined. (I also save the link so I can go back to it)

Back