Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 36 »

Re: Let's Start Steelhead Fever

From Warriors Mark, PA
rain coming this week, as of now, one to two inches expected tuesday, and even more later in the week. This time not gonna be optimistic at all, maybe that will spark a run

Posted on: 2012/9/16 17:17

Quote:

fishingood wrote:
rain coming this week, as of now, one to two inches expected tuesday, and even more later in the week. This time not gonna be optimistic at all, maybe that will spark a run

Great news!! :)

Posted on: 2012/9/17 8:50

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
we need steady rain for a few days to bring the aquifer up to par so the streams stay flowing. this rain that's coming will spike then drop to nothing again. might even trap fish in pools with little or no oxygen. Don't want to fish over trapped fish..

Posted on: 2012/9/17 9:10

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From Other side of the tracks
Run your car through a car wash tonight. That should help make it rain.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 11:18

From Warriors Mark, PA
Did it rain over the weekend, the USGS graph was in the 50 cfs range from Friday into Saturday

Posted on: 2012/9/17 13:26

It rained at my place on Friday afternoon, and Erie likely got the same weather, only an hour or two later.

Front went through and it got colder and started raining in the afternoon about the time I finished up mowing at high speed. Rained pretty good for a little while (maybe a couple hours), but cleared up again in time for a very nice sunset.

To give you an idea the effect it had, it rained Friday, and my stream was dry on Sunday.

I haven't followed the gauges, so I can't help you with that.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 14:01

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
50cfs on walnut is still a trickle. The rain on Tuesday might push it up to a good level. If it hits 300+cfs then the fish will run. I'm going to guess it will.

... now the question is how do I either skip out of work or convince my wife to let me go fish.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 14:25

Business meeting.

Going to discuss investments with a new client.

Sorry, I can't go.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 14:33

From Warriors Mark, PA
Call your boss/ hr person in the morning, hold your nose, tell them you have a 101 degree fever. Tell your wife theres a "(your career/job/ industry) convention near Erie" you just found out about, and your boss wants you to go to. Pack the car when she's not looking, and voila! (actually knew a guy who did something like this).

Posted on: 2012/9/17 15:07

If you are really talented like myself, you can get your wife to call in for you.

Posted on: 2012/9/17 15:32

From pittsburgh
im still shooting for a wife..... lol i think i just about have her talked into gettin hitched now to get her to call me off of work then get her to come fishing with me

Posted on: 2012/9/17 22:02

-me

From Butler, Pa
Hey guys, was up last Tuesday, now headed up in a few hours.
I fished Elk and Walnut last week with a handful of hookups and no fish landed after my fly reel decided to go A wall.
Fish were in OK numbers but clarity and flow made it hard. I knoww this rain is coming in fact its raining here in Butler so hopefully we catch a rise in water and a decrease in clarity and hook a few... the main problem with the fish was that they were trapped in low oxygenated water and werent even properfly facing the flows to get good DO2 numbers. I think with the numbers we saw last week and a ffew reports of more making theyre way in after a spike in flow this weekend there maybe some fish to had.
I'll be sure to post a report tomorrow evening after the trip...

Posted on: 2012/9/18 1:09

It was raining at my place at 3:30 this morning. Rain started picking up at about 4:00 but by then I was headed to work. I live near the state line less than an hour from all the West side PA tribs, and at least parts of all the East side Ohio tribs.

We are supposed to get some significant rain, but still not holding my breath.

Posted on: 2012/9/18 6:55

Quote:

StarvinMarvin wrote:
Hey guys, was up last Tuesday, now headed up in a few hours.
I fished Elk and Walnut last week with a handful of hookups and no fish landed after my fly reel decided to go A wall.
Fish were in OK numbers but clarity and flow made it hard. I knoww this rain is coming in fact its raining here in Butler so hopefully we catch a rise in water and a decrease in clarity and hook a few... the main problem with the fish was that they were trapped in low oxygenated water and werent even properfly facing the flows to get good DO2 numbers. I think with the numbers we saw last week and a ffew reports of more making theyre way in after a spike in flow this weekend there maybe some fish to had.
I'll be sure to post a report tomorrow evening after the trip...

You and FarmerDave are awesome. It is nice to be able to read good honest reports.

Posted on: 2012/9/18 8:13

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Welcome to a website NOT called FishErie.

If memory serves me correctly, it takes at least a few hours from the heavy rain for the gauge to spike. We'll see how good I really am.

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?site_no=04213152

Posted on: 2012/9/18 9:10

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 36 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com